"As a trustee of a small foundation I feel I’ve benefitted in a number of ways from our WRAG membership over the years. Probably the most important to me is the opportunity to learn from trustees and professional staff of other members. WRAG is a community of people committed to improving our region in concrete ways."Wilton Corkern, Corina Higginson Trust
Our community is incomplete without your organization! We invite you to join a robust and diverse network of funders who are dedicated to improving the Greater Washington region. Currently, we offer two categories of membership: full and associate. To discuss membership options and benefits please contact us.
- make grants to multiple grantees in the Greater Washington region
- affirm that their core interest in joining WRAG is to improve the quality of their own grantmaking
- be committed to working with other members to improve the quality of life in our region, and
- agree to abide by WRAG’s non-solicitation policy.
- WRAG “Alumni” & Retirees (Individuals in fundraising/development positions are ineligible. Alumni are eligible for 1 year after leaving member organization.)
- Philanthropic Advisors: Professionals who provide services in support of grantmaking as a majority of their business.
- Academic Institutions: Universities, think tanks, and academic institutions that focus on the field of philanthropy or nonprofit leadership.
- Government office focused on grants and/or public partnerships.
- Philanthropic Infrastructure Organization: Organizations that serve the field of philanthropy.
The power of the WRAG community – and the primary benefit of membership – is the strength of our network. As such, we encourage all WRAG members – new and long-standing – to participate to the fullest extent that they are able.
When joining, we ask new members to commit to:
- attend at least one program per quarter. With more than 50 learning and networking events each year, there are plenty of options! Check out our online calendar for a list of upcoming events.
- sign up to receive The Weekly WRAG. With more than 5,000 subscribers, effusive reviews, and lots of original content, the Weekly is our most popular service and a great way to stay up-to-date on the region’s nonprofit, philanthropy, and issue-related news. Click here to subscribe.
- meet one-on-one with a WRAG staff member. We want to get to know you! The more we know about you, your organization, your priorities, and interests, the better able we are to connect you with your colleagues, share resources, and support your work.
These new member requirements are not intended to be burdensome. Rather, we hope that by actively engaging in the WRAG network, new members will have a robust and valuable experience that will strengthen your grantmaking, expand your network, and support your philanthropic mission.
Annual membership dues are based on your organization’s level of grantmaking in the Greater Washington region for the previous year. Associate member dues are based on your organization’s type and associate member category. Please refer to the current dues chart for more information. Please note that memberships run on the calendar year (January - December). If you're interested in joining mid-year, please contact us about prorating your dues.