NEW WRAG Job Board Policy
WRAG’s Job Board Policy
The Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers believes that the status quo for philanthropy will not lead to a more just and equitable region. To maintain our strategic vision and commit to our mission of achieving a more equitable Greater Washington region, we seek to promote equitable hiring practices that will allow more people of color, people with recent lived experience, and LGBTQ folks to find positions at organizations that are committed to equity.
WRAG will review all position descriptions submitted to our jobs board. Position descriptions must include the following information to be promoted on the WRAG job board:
- Location information
- Remote, hybrid, or on-location
- Includes salary information
- Includes benefits information
Why include salary information?
Many nonprofit leaders and organizations have written extensively about why including salary ranges and benefits information is critical to equity:
- Our Hiring Practices are Inequitable and Need to Change (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, April 27, 2015)
- When You Don’t Disclose Salary Range on a Job Posting, a Unicorn Loses Its Wings (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 1, 2015)
- When You Base Pay on Salary History, A Unicorn Loses Its Horn (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 4, 2018)
- You’re Not Serious About Equity If You Don’t Post Salaries (Amy Sample Ward, NTEN, November 19, 2019)
- Why You Need to Post Salaries and Benefits in Every Job Post (ReproJobs, January 5, 2020)
WRAG encourages all employers to be as transparent as possible in the hiring process and to share the organizations’ commitment to advancing racial equity and justice, job accommodations, and travel expectations.