The VP of Donor Relations will report directly to the Foundation’s President & CEO and will partner with staff and members of the Board of Trustees to raise funds for the Foundation, achieve strategic goals, to promote the mission and vision of the Foundation, and to integrate a fundraising perspective into all aspects of the Foundation’s programs and operations.The Vice President of Donor Relations’ immediate priorities are to:
1. Thoroughly understand the Foundation – its values, history, culture, traditions, the Howard County community, programs, personalities, constituencies and governance structure;
2. Understand the Foundation’s base of financial support and the short and long-term funding requirements of all segments of the organization;
3. Develop strong relations with, and secure the trust and confidence of the President & CEO, key donors, members of the Board of Trustees, staff, community members, event planning and marketing consultants, and others critical to individual and institutional fundraising efforts;
4. Develop an understanding of various fund types; and
5. Immediately assess the “state of play” of in-process fundraising efforts and provide support for cultivation and solicitation of major individual and corporate gifts.
A copy of the full job description is attached hereto.