DEPARTMENT: Programs and Philanthropic Advising
REPORTS TO: Director, Philanthropic Advising Services
SALARY: $72,000 -$77,000
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits, and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector's connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity, and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization instituted many of philanthropy's early gains in racial diversity. ABFE has since evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE to reflect its broadening membership better.
The Trainer/Advisor(T/A) will lend her/his expertise to train and facilitate ABFE’s racial equity and philanthropic advising services content. The trainer/advisor will actively participate in the development and execution of ABFE’s growing portfolio to advance racial equity in philanthropic practices. The Trainer/Advisor works closely with the Director of Philanthropic Advising Services and VP of Programs/Philanthropic Advising Services to further support ABFE's program delivery and professional development goals and services. The position is also responsible for supporting the implementation of various projects' activities in partnership with ABFE partners and affiliations, as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support timeline management and assist with meeting target deliverables on schedule and of high quality.
- Lead racial equity training and facilitation for ABFE clients and internal/designated engagements.
- Identify learning tools that further enhance ABFE racial equity training and delivery.
- Support development and management of curriculum development in partnership with the director and VP.
- Serve as co-lead and lead facilitator with ABFE external training team members.
- Support development of pre-and post-training materials (pre-readings; post-observation memo; client follow-up check in process).
- Lead internal training events.
Relationships and Networks
- Key Outside Relationships include: ABFE racial equity clients and prospective clients; foundation and nonprofit professionals; other sector professionals aligned with ABFE mission; ABFE members; content specialists
- Support establishment & execution of evaluation vehicles for on-going assessment of philanthropic advising services programming.
- Create and configure virtual events, including but not limited to Zoom and GoTo Webinarplatforms.
- Generate and download reports: registrant, attendee, polling responses, and Q&A.
- Ability to be trusted with confidential and proprietary information from clients and prospects.
- Capable of synthesizing racial equity and philanthropic processes and practices, which will provide useful instruction for clients.
- Support development of philanthropic advising services materials.
- Supports program coordination of other programs developed by the Programs department (webinars; Black Social Change Funders Network; Congressional Black Caucus Black Business Series, etc.).
- Provide meeting support including logistical setup, note-taking, and document preparation, in the absence of administrative support.
- Process invoices, receipts, and general expense items for trainings and workshops.
- Monitors tracking of trainings/workshops.
Desired Skills, Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with understanding and teaching racial equity concepts and practices.
- Experience with training groups and individuals (virtual and in-person).
- 4+years of experience with facilitation and curriculum development.
- Abilityto provide professional feedback and coaching support.
- Ability to manage high content presentations, timing, and large group dynamics.
- Some experience with organizational change work in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively hit deadlines, being responsive to coworkers and external clients.
- Ability to travel as needed for workshops and events/conferences.
- Ability to manage required expenses and budget responsibilities as needed.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please, forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com