The Eugene & Agnes E. Meyer Foundation will select its first Racial Equity in Philanthropy Fellow in 2019.
The Fellowship is a two-year, full-time paid position in the Foundation’s office in Washington, DC. The Fellow will work closely with the Senior Director for Strategy and Equity and the Senior Director for Program and Community to help advance the Foundation’s work in racial equity, through research, trainings, and capacity building.
The Racial Equity in Philanthropy Fellow will:
• Contribute to the development of a regional racial equity indicator tool.
• Assist in the planning and facilitation of external meetings, training sessions, convenings and special events as well as internal team building, culture building and education activities to support the development of an anti-racist culture.
• Support the planning and implementation of cohort-based capacity building programs and convenings to advance racial equity and systems-approaches in the nonprofit field.
• Conduct, analyze and synthesize research on best practices and approaches in advancing racial equity.
• Provide project management, administrative assistance and general support, as needed.
The Fellowship culminates in a second-year capstone project of mutual interest to the Foundation and the Fellow.
The Fellowship begins in Fall 2019 and concludes in Fall 2021.
If you have a minimum of five years of work experience in any field, have a demonstrated personal commitment to racial equity, are curious about philanthropy and how foundations operate, and like working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team, we would love to consider you for the Fellowship position. There is no requirement to be currently enrolled in a degree awarding program.
The Fellow must be available to work from our office in Washington, DC for the duration of the Fellowship.
To apply, please use the online form to complete the Racial Equity in Philanthropy Fellowship Application by September 3, 2019. The application form will ask you to respond to the following three prompts:
1. Please describe your experience advocating for people of color and racial equity/justice.
2. Please tell us why you're interested in learning about and/or contributing to the field of philanthropy.
3. Tell us about some of your key skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives you would bring to this fellowship.
In addition, please be prepared to upload your resume into the application.
Salary & Benefits
Below is a summary of the salary and benefits the Racial Equity in Philanthropy Fellowship offers. It is not a complete list of benefits.
• The fellow will be paid an annual salary of $60,000
• Healthcare, prescription, vision, and dental insurance
• A 403(b) retirement plan
• A generous leave policy