POSITION TITLE: Program Officer
PURPOSE: To identify and work with qualifying nonprofits in health and wellness related issues, to carry out the mission of the Cafritz Foundation.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas, including current issues and trends and key resource people and organizations.
- Review and assess grant proposals through a peer review process to reflect the Foundation’s values.
- Conduct site visits to grantees and potential grantees to assess program relevance, organizational integrity and stability.
- Formulate written recommendations for funding for Board consideration.
- Attend Board meetings to support recommendations and provide information.
- Review and approve funded grantees’ evaluation reports and monitor grantees’ progress in achieving key objectives. Serve as primary contact for grantees.
- Provide technical assistance to, and manage ongoing relationships with, grantees.
- Initiate meetings or reports to respond to current and emerging needs in cooperation with nonprofit organizations, foundation collaborative groups, government agencies and others that foster shared problem solving and accomplish special projects.
- Participate in joint efforts and affinity groups of foundations and represent the Foundation on funding collaboratives, working groups, at meetings and conferences.
- Stay abreast of relevant community health issues and local trends.
- Develop position papers and perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the health, nonprofit or grantmaking fields. Must possess excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills, as well as a sense of humor, diplomacy and discretion, critical thinking and judgment. Must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines. Knowledge of the local health care sector, including current issues and trends and key resource people and organizations is required. Knowledge of the DC metropolitan region is required. Experience with Microsoft Office products and database software is required. Salary commensurate with experience.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, health and retirement plans. Salary commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume attn: Ms. Tobi Printz-Platnick, Associate Director to firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, apply by April 30th, 2019. Please, no telephone inquiries