ACT is seeking a Program Manager to oversee all aspects of the Community Access and Emergency Support Grant programs and provide support for ACT’s community investment initiatives.
With funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the City of Alexandria and ACT for Alexandria are seeking to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations currently helping residents navigate and access COVID response programs and services and provide emergency financial assistance to those affected by the pandemic. The Alexandria Community Access and Emergency Support Grant Program will provide funding to nonprofit partners to provide service navigation support to ensure individuals are enrolled in key local, state and federal programs they are eligible for and provide tangible and emergency financial aid to those who may not be eligible for benefit assistance programs. In addition to managing this grant program, the Program Manager will also work closely with the Program team to support Alexandria’s Guaranteed Income Pilot, Spring2ACTion and the Racial Equity Capacity Building Initiative.
Position Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Community Access and Emergency Support Grant Program including managing the grant process, partnering with the Alexandria Department of Community & Human Services (DCHS), providing technical assistance to grantees, processing grant awards, and overseeing the program budget and reporting
- Use Foundant Technologies Community Suite database which includes ACT’s grants management system, to process, document, and track grantmaking activities and relationships
- Host bi-monthly listening and learning convenings with Community Access and Emergency Support grantees
- Serve as the liaison between DCHS and the research partner to evaluate the effectiveness of the grant program
- Prepare strategy memos, briefs, reports and presentations in a variety of formats to engage a broad range of constituents (e.g., board members, nonprofit and government leaders, community members, etc.)
- Provide logistics and training support for Spring2ACTion, Alexandria’s Giving Day
- Manage activities and events under ACT’s Racial Equity Capacity Building Initiative
- Support the Community Fellows program
- Provide programmatic support for Alexandria’s Guaranteed Income Pilot
Preferred Experiences & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of project management experience in the nonprofit, government, philanthropic and/or similar sectors
- Understanding of the public benefits systems and how to navigate and access services
- Ability to build relationships with partners across all sectors – including nonprofit, philanthropy, government and business
- Proven ability to listen, discern challenges and identify solutions
- Experience with facilitating meetings – in person and virtual
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work independently
- Experience using a client relationship management database
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice and alignment with ACT’s commitment to racial equity
- The Program Manager will report to the Chief Program Officer and work in partnership with the ACT Program team and City of Alexandria Department of Community & Human Services team
- Position will be funded from September 2021 through December 2023
- This is a full-time position which includes benefits: medical, dental/vision, STD, LTD, Life, workers’ compensation, monthly cell phone stipend
- The annual salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and include “Program Manager” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is September 17, 2021.
ACT for Alexandria provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACT for Alexandria complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ACT for Alexandria expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ACT for Alexandria’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.