DC127 is a local initiative that unites churches around the foster care system in Washington, DC. DC127 has a small professional team with over 250 volunteers, all dedicated to mobilizing churches to support the most vulnerable families and children in our city. We recruit and support foster and adoptive homes and empower churches to care for vulnerable families who are at risk of being separated by foster care.
DC127 is hiring a full-time Programs Manager to oversee DC127’s programs. This includes: 1) the management of DC127’s Communities for Families program and staff, 2) the management and implementation of all functions of DC127’s foster care program, and 3) the management of the organization's program development and data evaluation efforts. Additionally, the Programs Manager works closely with the Executive Director to ensure DC127 is moving strategically towards its overall goals. The ideal candidate will understand and be able to implement social service best practices for our families and be excited to build and develop our programs to meet goals and achieve results. The ideal candidate will be excited about organizing a volunteer movement and embrace DC127’s model of empowering volunteers to care for foster and biological families. The annual salary range for this position is $48,000 - $52,000 and benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and contribution to retirement funds.
- Manage DC127’s Communities for Families program (60%)
- Manage CFF program staff as they guide teams who are partnering with families
- Ensure the goals and standards of the program are met
- Provide professional oversight to DC127’s programs and volunteers
- Oversee, plan, and execute primary and secondary volunteer trainings
- Ensure adherence to and the development of best-practice internal policies in managing volunteers and serving families.
- Manage DC127’s foster care program (15%)
- Lead continued efforts to build and grow DC127’s foster care support program
- Conduct foster care info sessions, connecting potential foster parents to CFSA for licensing and supporting foster parents through the licensing process
- Plan and execute DC127’s Preparing to Foster and Fostering Community trainings
- Connect foster and adoptive parents to the larger DC127 support network, and be a point person for further questions, concerns, and additional support
- Manage DC127’s program data and evaluation effort to ensure benchmarks are met and reported (15%)
- Create progress reports for the Executive Director, donors, and partners
- Manage DC127’s client and volunteer database to track outputs and progress
- Contribute to overall organizational success by assisting with: (10%)
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on strategic planning and organizational and programmatic development
- Assist with development and management of organizational communications
- Assist with network-wide events and fundraising
- DC127 is a faith-based, Christian organization and requires team members to share and uphold the organization’s faith roots within an understanding and welcomeness to diversity in the Christian tradition
- Master’s in Social Work required, with 2-3 years of direct service experience
- Openness to pursuing an LGSW, with organizational support, within the first nine months
- Strong commitment to the stability of families
- Knowledge of child welfare systems, DC-specific knowledge a plus
- Strong presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Experience with organizing and evaluating data
- Enjoys working as a team player and collaborator
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Management experience a plus
- Employment contingent on successful completion of background checks and commitment to one year in this role
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you were referred to this position by someone else, you can list their name in your introductory email.