(5-10 hours/week, $25/hour; work from home, at Board Meetings & Events)
- Implement the adopted Work Program of the Board by following up monthl with Board committees and their tasks. Assist the Governance Committee to keep Boards’ rosters up-to-date; send revised lists to Board, Advisory Board and consultants.
- Send timely notices of Board meetings and agendas; attend meetings, prepare and send timely Minutes to Board, Advisory Board and consultants.
- Assist the Development Committee with fundraising--mail end-of-year solicitation letter, donor envelope, fall newsletter; input new prospective donors and others onto Master List. Track gifts to The Bernie Fund at Greater Washington Community Foundation (GWCF); add new donors to Master List. Help research and assist with grant opportunities; be a conduit among Board, GWCF and funding sources on inquiries related to grants/funding. Help the Development Committee outreach to businesses/individuals to raise funds/seek sponsors.
- Draft quarterly newsletters in coordination with the Promotions, Outreach and Engagement Committee; help gather relevant information for newsletters, social media and website.
- Help the Operational Programs Committee distribute the online Application Form and flyers in early January. Help coordinate completion of Application Forms, applicant screening and selection process.
- Schedule applicant interviews and interview teams. Assist volunteers, applicants and interview teams on Interview Day to ensure completion of tasks. Send award and regret letters to applicants.
- Assist the Operational Programs Committee track award recipients, enter data into database, send and track survey questionnaires for the annual Effectiveness Study.
- Assist the Event Committee with events--the annual Awards Celebration reception, attendee lists, room set-up/clean-up, etc., and other events.
Skills needed: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Google Forms,
Google Docs, other Google applications, posting documents in a Shared Drive.
Send resume and cover email to: Bernie Tetreault firstname.lastname@example.org