PART-TIME (24 hours per week)
GENERAL SUMMARY: An administrative and program support position responsible for managing the Jane Bancroft Robinson Foundation's daily operations, including administrative support, office and systems management, board administration and all grants administration. The JBRF was created upon the integration of Sibley Memorial Hospital into the Johns Hopkins Health System and provides charitable healthcare-related services and financial support for the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of the poor through the mission of Sibley Memorial Hospital.
- Provide general administrative support to President/CEO. Submit invoices, travel, and reimbursement forms for the JBRF President/CEO and staff as needed.
- Manage all internal operations for JBRF team and overall information systems, including technology and databases for the Foundation.
- Create and implement internal systems that facilitate communication and operational efficiencies.
- Research and design system solutions that support efficient operations to a small staff team.
- Manage administrative functions including phone service and communication with vendors; ensure an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Respond, on behalf of JBRF, to general inquiries, voice mail, e-mail, and written correspondence with the public and other foundation stakeholders (e.g., JBRF grantees, community and civic leaders, Sibley Hospital).
- Prepare and organize correspondence on behalf of the President/CEO and program staff.
- Maintain organizational calendar and all relevant JBRF files. Oversee logistics and coordinate communications for regular staff meetings, board meetings and other special events, where applicable.
- Work alongside technical advisors, on an as-needed basis; advise consultants and others contracted for services on the relevant activities of the JBR Foundation and its grantees; responsible for processing invoices for contracted services.
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Trustees, including providing support to board committees and serving as the point person for board meeting logistics.
- Schedule JBRF Board committee meetings; communicate with Trustees; ensure timely dissemination of information and materials to trustees.
- Prepare and distribute Board minutes; maintain minutes, policies and procedures; prepare JBRF Board and Board committee lists and Trustee binders.
- Work with team to facilitate the grants process, track and coordinate execution of the grant cycle.
- Coordinate due diligence review for all grants; ensure project requirements, policies, and compliance procedures are followed by grantees and internal staff.
- Process grants, including creating online grantee files and award documents; enter and/or review data in the grant database; track signed grant agreements; manage payment notifications and grantee reports.
- Provide links between program, finance, information technology, and other staff so that all grant making activities are effectively implemented.
- Manage incoming grantee inquiries. Where applicable, provide training or technical assistance for prospective applicants and grantees.
- Monitor online grants management systems and continuously seek to streamline processes for grantees and staff.
- Assist program staff with grantee site visits, as well as programmatic and financial monitoring.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience managing administrative operations and events.
- Proficient with typing, computer usage, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A solid understanding of financial management. Ability to learn the SAP accounting system as required by JHHS for the processing of all invoices, travel reimbursement, etc.
- Ability to learn, manage, and maintain web-based grants management system and databases.
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, assisting with the formulation of policy, and developing and implementing new systems, strategies and procedures.
- Planning and Organizing: Strong project management skills. Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously. Prioritizes work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans with a strong attention to detail.
- Oral and written communication: ability to present information clearly and succinctly in conversation and in writing; responds to inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work cooperatively, demonstrating respect, courtesy, tact, and diplomacy
- Commitment to the mission of the Jane Bancroft Robinson Foundation.
- Ability to protect confidentiality of information related to the business of the JBRF and to hospital staff, medical staff, and patients as appropriate
- Ability to comply with all JHHS education requirements appropriate for the position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate (or equivalent) required. A bachelor degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in a not-for-profit, philanthropy, or higher education organization. Or, any equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke free work-place.