Founded in 1988, Food & Friends provides freshly prepared meals, nutrition support, and friendship to people living with AIDS, cancer, and other life challenging illnesses. Our team of fifty-five employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and multiple counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
Food & Friends has a new opportunity for a Major Gifts Officer. Focusing on gifts of $5,000+, the Major Gifts Officer will:
- develop and implement major donor strategy in collaboration with key Development personnel, senior executives, and members of the Board;
- manage a portfolio of major donors, and participate in all aspects of the giving cycle including prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and retention initiatives;
- visit donors and engage in face-to-face cultivation and solicitation meetings;
- organize and host major donor prospecting and cultivation events;
- collaborate with members of the development team to implement and manage a wealth screening system of donor records to provide ongoing pipeline leads to the major donor program; and
- craft mailings and other literature to cultivate major donors and educate them about the various ways to contribute to Food & Friends.
The Major Gifts Officer will also collaborate with other Development personnel in developing cultivation strategies for mid-level donors who may be future candidates for higher level solicitations.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS, valid driver’s license, and at least five years of progressive individual giving experience, including successful solicitation of donors for gifts of $10,000 or more. Additional requirements include excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal focused environment; and an appreciation for diversity. Experience using Raiser’s Edge or comparable database software strongly preferred. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, fun work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer