Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Associate will contribute to the operations, writing, reporting, and prospect managment of Institutional fundraising. Brady defines Institutional Fundraising as all Foundation and Government giving, and, in collaboration with our Partnerships team, some corporate giving. He/she is responsible for assisting the Institutional Giving Director in the implementation of a strategic and customized program to engage Institutional donors in Brady's programs and to build and manage a portfolio of institutional prospects with capacity $5,000 to $100,000 grants.
The Institutional Giving Associate will have a proven track record for leading long-term cultivation strategies employing a moves management approach leading to successful closure of grants. We are seeking a donor-focused professional with at least three years of grant writing experience, who is looking to take the next step in their career, and has superior written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively manage a portfolio of at least 25 institutional prospects while providing support to the Director of Institutional Giving.
- Participate in new prospect identification and qualification efforts, to source more institutional prospects with capacity and inclination to give to Brady, in order to bring significant new resources to the institution's work.
- Work independently and with staff to develop letters of inquiry, strategic plans, proposals, budgets, grant agreements, reports, project updates, and other related materials as needed to deepen prospect engagement, secure gifts, and steward relationships.
- Prepare backgrounders and brief members of the executive leadership team for donor/prospect meetings.
- Manage grants calendar and ensure internal/external deadlines are met, and support broader development and program teams in working towards meeting these deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, changing environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three years of institutional fundraising experience
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- A donor-focused demeanor at all times. Able to build rapport and provide assistance to high-profile external constituents as well as internal staff.
- Excellent written (including editing and proofreading) and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and translate Brady's mission and interests for donors and prospects with clarity, crispness, and effectiveness and to develop complex written materials to summarize the essence of large-scale problems and the ways in which Brady is addressing them.
- Intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, creative and strategic thinker. Able to think out of the box, challenge conventional norms, and try new approaches.
- A commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment with shared goals and appropriate communication and coordination with colleagues.
- Sound judgment and integrity with discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policies.
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Institutional Giving Associate" in the subject line.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.