Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company is seeking a fundraiser to join our team as the Individual Giving Manager. The Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for implementing the Annual Fund plan focused on identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors, direct mail, and e-appeals.
This position operates within a collaborative environment, almost a collective, and provides exposure to all aspects of development and patron stewardship. This position reports to the Director of Organizational Advancement.
- Manage the Individual Giving “Prospect Pipeline”, including an active portfolio of prospects, cultivating them through regular visits, invitations to the theatre, and events;
- Support the individual donor portfolios of senior leadership;
- Create all communications for the Annual Fund including direct mail and email appeals, and other Advancement-related materials;
- Maintain accurate records and achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities;
Required skills / capabilities
All candidates for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of fundraising experience, or related experience working in a fast paced, results-driven environment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Dedication to Mission: A passion for Woolly Mammoth and producing new plays;
- Oral and written communication: Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and sensitivity to specified audiences when appropriate;
- Organization and project management: Proven ability to initiate, plan and execute projects from beginning to end with outstanding attention to detail and can juggle multiple projects and priorities at once;
- Problem-solving: Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions;
- Relationships: Comfort in interacting with a broad range of stakeholders and personalities including senior leadership, high profile donors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexibility: Ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and responsive to feedback;
- Independent: Exercise sound judgment to identify and solve problems, acting in supervisor’s stead as needed;
- Sensitivity: Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information;
- Experience with fundraising databases: Familiarity with Tessitura a plus.
- Schedule: This position requires working evening and weekend performances and events.
How to apply
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with “Individual Giving Manager” in the subject line to:
Sarah Slobodien Dovere
Director of Organizational Advancement
Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company
No phone calls, please.
Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Woolly complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.