Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.
Basic Function: Under the general direction of the Director of the Office of Program Performance (OPP), and/or his or her designee, the Grants Program Analyst supports Legal Services Corporation’s (LSC) basic field grants process.
The responsibilities of the Grants Program Analyst encompass analytical, research, and support functions, including, but not limited to: analyzing grant data; monitoring and facilitating the grants process; providing technical assistance to grant applicants and LSC staff; helping to develop enhancements to existing grants processes to promote efficiency; and drafting and editing reports, instructions, and guidelines. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with advertisement and outreach efforts for the grants process, including preparing Federal Register notices and coordinating newspaper and bar association advertisements to promote the availability of grant funds and outreach to prospective applicants.
- Assists in drafting and revising the requests for proposals, grant application evaluation guide, and staff reader guides.
- Assists in coordinating and presenting the LSC Applicant Informational Sessions.
- Assists with responding to e-mail inquiries pertaining to the grants process and provides technical assistance to grant applicants.
- Assists with developing training materials and participates in training grant application reviewers.
- Compiles and helps analyze data from grantee reports and grant applications.
- Manages and organizes information and data from the grants process. Proposes and designs mechanisms to facilitate and improve LSC staff access to information and data.
- Provides technical assistance for grant review meetings including scheduling, accessing data, assembling materials, and coordinating the completion of materials from those meetings.
- Analyzes current grants processes and proposes options that improve their efficiency and effectiveness, and assists with the implementation of changes to the process.
- Assembles information in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Office of Inspector General document requests pertaining to the grants process.
- Assists in coordinating competitive grant review panels including preparing consultant solicitations; drafting consultant contracts; assembling grant documents; participating in panel trainings; and coordinating review panel activities.
- Provides progress reports on the status of the grants process and grant activities based on predetermined schedules and timelines.
- Manages the receipt, processing, and maintenance of grant files.
- Participates in OPP and LSC task forces and committees as assigned and provides research and analysis as directed.
- Performs research and provides clear written summaries and analysis of findings.
Must demonstrate initiative and be an effective problem-solver; excellent customer service focus; strong and effective organizational and time management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to craft solid written products; ability to communicate effectively with broad and diverse audiences – including program and finance staff, grantees, and applicants; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality; ability to systematically organize and catalogue data and information; adaptable and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting and changing priorities under tight deadlines; attention to detail; ability and willingness to accept additional responsibility; maintains a high level of productivity; works well independently and with others as a team member; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; influences, motivates, and challenges others; understands LSC’s mission, functions, and operations; and identifies and understands trends that affect access to legal services for low income persons.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling a minimum of six years of related experience. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point, SQL, and Smartsheet. Solid analytical and research skills, including computer-based/on-line research resources.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $65,633 - $73,958
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. An employee must wait two years to advance in Steps 1 through 4. New hires begin at Step 1.
Excellent benefits package.
Submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Questions can be sent to: email@example.com
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.