Established in 1984, LAWS is a 501c3, non-profit organization that has earned an outstanding reputation for delivering safe-haven and a host of essential services to adults and children directly impacted by domestic and sexual violence. LAWS’ mission is to serve adults and children who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to empower, inform, and advocate for these individuals; to educate the community about domestic violence and sexual assault; and, to work towards the elimination of personal and societal violence. LAWS’ strives to offer a framework of comprehensive support services to victims of domestic and sexual violence so that they may live free from fear, anxiety, and danger.
Every year, LAWS’ staff of approximately 40 professionals, a committed group of volunteers, and a diverse Board comprised of community and business leaders, work to enhance the lives of approximately 1,000 adult and child victims of domestic and sexual violence. Today, in addition to operating a 24/7, emergency shelter for adult and child victims, LAWS also delivers an array of value-added services to include a 24-hour hotline, counseling, legal resources, support groups, parenting classes, a Child Advocacy Center, and community outreach programming. All services are provided with complete confidentiality, and at no cost to recipients. Additionally, LAWS operates a retail thrift shop (The Resourceful Woman) in downtown Leesburg, VA.
LAWS is actively seeking a talented individual to perform in the role of Grants Manager. The individual selected for this role will work closely with the Executive Director in overseeing and administering LAWS’ grant management and reporting processes.
Reporting directly to the executive director (ED), the Grants Manager is a key member of the Administrative Services Team and is responsible for managing and monitoring all grant funding related activities. The Grants Manager will work closely with LAWS’ leadership to assure that grant funding activities are executed appropriately and accurately.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and support the grant requirements and implementation for the organization.
- Develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Perform research to identify available grant opportunities, evaluate the results and make recommendations.
- Prepare grant proposals coordinating organizational needs with Executive Director.
- Prepare budgets as needed for private and government grant proposals and ensure documentation and compliance with financial requirements of all grants in place.
- Oversee that the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization.
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines, ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Send out reminders to staff to enter VAData daily.
- Monitor progress of: outcome measures, quality assurance, timelines, short and long-term goals, data integrity, and work plans.
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements (special conditions, restricted activities, etc.).
- Prepare grant progress reports, financial invoices and other grant administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare for grant monitoring visits.
- Analyze the budget trends with assistance of Executive Director and make recommendations for cost control and reduction to comply with grant funding.
- Provide detailed reports to Executive Director with respect to the organization's progress.
- Maintain files for documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management, grant outcomes, and reporting requirements.
- Attend funder meetings.
- Support reception activities, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management;
- Years of Experience:3+
- Experience with coordinating Federal, State and Private grant preparation efforts; ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; prior experience managing a grant portfolio a plus;
- Clear criminal background, sex offender registry, and CPS background checks.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passionate about LAWS’s mission and impact.
The individual selected to perform in the Grants Manager role must be a proactive and detail-oriented professional who is excited at the prospect of furthering the work that LAWS performs to support adult and child victims of domestic and sexual violence. If you believe that you possess the requisite skills to effectively perform in the role of Grants Manager, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include position title in email subject line.