Description of the position:
The Grants Manager is responsible for all foundation, government and corporate grant writing, advancing relationships with Woolly Mammoth’s local and national institutional donors and identifying, cultivating and stewarding existing and new funding opportunities. This position reports to the Director of Organizational Advancement, and collaborates with members of the Woolly Leadership and Senior Staff.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Researching, identifying, writing, and reporting on all foundation, government, and corporate grants to meet fundraising goals;
- Creating institutional language, customized sponsorship proposals, and concept papers for institutional support as needed;
- Stewarding supporter benefits including execution, tracking and evaluation;
- Maintaining the grant calendar and act as the point person for all institutional funding concerns including coordinating between all department and leveraging capacities of other staff members to effectively meet deadlines;
- Supporting cross-departmental project budgeting and financial reconciliations for grants;
- Developing and articulating clear annual strategies for moving prospects and funders along a path to secure and/or increase grants;
- Maintaining an awareness of trends in foundation and government giving to arts organizations nationwide;
- Assisting the Managing Director and Director of Organizational Advancement with government relations strategies; and
- Assisting with additional department projects and organizational activities as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent writing, research skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- A creative and collaborative work style with the ability to work individually and part of a team
- Demonstrated success in developing compelling proposals, securing, and managing grants
- The ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks, work well under pressure, and adhere to strict deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of the theatre from a production and/or dramaturgical perspective is strongly recommended
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Knowledge of the Tessitura database is a plus
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please include the following in your application: cover letter, resume, writing sample (either a grant narrative or appeal letter), references and salary requirements. To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line.