Arlington Free Clinic is a community-based, volunteer-driven nonprofit committed to providing high-quality healthcare for low-income, uninsured Arlington adults. With the generosity of donors, the dedicated service of 400+ volunteers, and strong community partnerships, AFC provides comprehensive, coordinated care for our community's most vulnerable residents. Access to care makes a critical difference in the lives of individuals and their families, providing peace of mind, economic security, and the comfort that comes from knowing your medical needs will be met.
We are seeking a Grants Development Manager to support the mission and ongoing sustainability of Arlington Free Clinic. This individual is responsible for all elements of the grant-seeking process: researching/cultivating funding prospects and opportunities, preparing LOIs and proposals, and accurately tracking and reporting on grant-supported activities to funders. The Grants Development Manager works collaboratively with the other members of the development team as well as program staff in furthering the financial resources of the organization in order to maximize the potential for growth and impact of Arlington Free Clinic.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Develop/manage a comprehensive grants program to meet annually determined funding goals
- Create an annual grants plan with measurable program goals; maintain calendar/dashboard to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports
- Identify, develop, and write highly competitive foundation/corporate grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and reports
- Work effectively with program staff to monitor progress of grant-funded projects to ensure successful implementation in accordance with grant contract terms
- Contribute to the development of data management, collection, reporting, and program evaluation capacities within the organization
- Research funding opportunities with an emphasis on new sources of revenue for both general operating support and priority projects
- Lead staff teams to develop concepts for new and ongoing funding opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of grants income; work with financial staff to provide reports for accounting/planning purposes and to develop/monitor both annual and grant-specific budgets
Build strong relationships with organization’s portfolio of current/potential foundation supporters
- Develop/maintain individualized strategies of solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship for each foundation and grant-funding corporation
- Accurately, realistically, and persuasively communicate AFC’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Engage in regular communication with foundation staff to stay on top of potential grant related issues and to share organization’s achievements
Serve as a member of the development team to advance the mission and strategic priorities of Arlington Free Clinic
- Meet regularly with president and leadership team to evaluate effectiveness of programs, engage in strategic decision making, and help AFC achieve its goals
- Demonstrate leadership through participation in Clinic activities including staff meetings, strategic planning, and focus groups
- Work collaboratively with development staff to meet fundraising goals for the organization
- Advise Board and staff of trends in grant making and potential impact for short- and long-term grant funding
- Passion for the mission of Arlington Free Clinic
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and research skills
- Proficient in working both independently and collaboratively with the development team and with program staff
- Ability to initiate, build, and sustain relationships with current and prospective foundation and corporate donors
- Skillful in seeking and synthesizing information and communicating in a compelling and succinct form
- High level of computer literacy with demonstrated skill in data management and integration
- Ability to write and submit clear, structured, persuasive grant proposals that are competitive at the regional, state, and national levels
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Highly organized with an ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and manage stress in a positive manner
- Successful foundation fundraising experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in healthcare, health policy, or public health
- Knowledge and/or experience in basic data management and program evaluation
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.arlingtonfreeclinic.org.
Full Time Schedule
Compensation: $70,000-$80,000 (commensurate with experience)
Arlington Free Clinic offers health insurance, 401k, vacation time, and paid holidays.
This position is onsite with the option of a regularly-set telework schedule of up to two days per week.
Qualified applicants should email Alicia Nieves at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a personalized cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample if available. NOTE: include "Grants Development Manager" in the subject line.