Gifts and Grants Administrator
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is a visionary funder that has directed millions of charitable dollars to people in need since 1978. Our mission is to grow philanthropy to respond to critical need and seed innovation in the region. Comprised of donor advised funds, permanent funds, giving circles, and other charitable endowments, the Community Foundation connects donors to community and helps meet community needs with community resources.
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is committed to building a community that works for everyone. We work to bring about a more equitable and inclusive prosperity that marries our economic strength with the full breadth of our diverse community. We are wholeheartedly devoted to our neediest neighbors and most vulnerable and marginalized populations, and work tirelessly to better meet their needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Title: Gifts and Grants Administrator
Location: Oakton, VA 22124
Reports to: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Terms: Full Time Exempt
The Gifts and Grants Administrator is primarily responsible for accurately entering and managing data related to our donors and to our donor advised fund grants. As such, this person will perform all gift entry, acknowledge all gifts received, perform all donor advised fund grant entry, generate all donor advised fund grant checks, create all grant letters to accompany grant checks, and otherwise maintain the donor data base and the donor advised fund grant database.
This individual will need to possess a keen eye for detail and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This individual will serve as a team player and assist their colleagues with projects when needed.
Database: Gift Entry and Acknowledgement:
- Create new donor profiles
- Enter all gifts
- Create and mail all gift acknowledgement letters
- Maintain donor profiles through regular updates, record consolidation, and scrubbing to ensure information fidelity
Database: Donor Advised Fund Grant Check Generation / Grant Check Distribution:
- In partnership with the Donor Relations Team, ensure the efficient and accurate payment of grants from donor advised funds
- Generate donor advised fund grant checks
- Prepare and mail grant letters that accompany all donor advised fund grant checks to intended grantees
- Extract solicitation and newsletter lists from the database
- Prepare reports from the database for the Donor Relations Team
- Review and check data standards and best practices for information entry and data retention
- Send new donor advised fund welcome packets
- Prepare weekly report that reconciles gifts received with finance department
- Reconciles daily check logs to deposit slips on a monthly basis
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Previous database/constituent management software experience required
- FIMS database experience strongly preferred
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Must maintain confidentiality of all data and donor information
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Research abilities preferred
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to