The External Affairs Associate bridges the work of the organization's development, membership, partnership and communications functions. The role provides critical support to the Vice President of External Affairs specifically and the external affairs team in general in their various duties including data gathering and reporting, financial administration, scheduling, technology, communications products, and programmatic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level support to the Vice President of External Affairs by proactively managing internal and external schedules, travel arrangements, meeting/event logistics, and report updates.
- Responsible for administrative functions, including recording meeting notes, operationalizing workflow systems, drafting documents, and developing methods to maintain files and records as assigned.
- Monitors and manages Vice President of External Affairs calendar and initiates meeting preparation activities.
- Reconcile monthly credit card and expense reports for the Vice President and other finance related duties.
- Serve as primary liaison with other departments at ABFE, specifically for the Vice President.
- Performs data entry for membership and development activities.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of appeal letters;
- Track tax credit donations and send the appropriate documentation to donors.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor and membership files in Salesforce.
- Support in overall data management and reporting of membership health.
- Support in membership-related programming including Annual Membership Meeting, Membership Monday Series, and other membership events.
- Create and send membership invoices, manage ABFE job post, and serve as first-line support for membership inbox.
- Coordinate production and mailing of membership collateral including renewals and other correspondence.
- Support new member on-boarding and renewal process.
- Supports in the production and delivery of ABFE's quarterly Newsletter.
- Support the Director of Communications in updating ABFE digital and social sites.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to Director of Communication for website Drupal migration.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong Commitment to ABFE's vision and mission.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Results-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strategic thinker dedicated to achieving positive outcomes.
- Ability to multitask.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Periodic travel as needed.
- Associate and BA or equivalent education required;
- Strong Microsoft suite skills
- Familiarization with database management
- Intermediate social media skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please, forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is currently remote but the candidate will need to be located in the DMV or NY Metro area.