PUBLIC WELFARE FOUNDATION
The Public Welfare Foundation, a private, national grantmaking foundation with assets of over $500 million based in Washington, DC, is seeking an Events Manager to coordinate its space rental program, convenings, and facilities management function. As the Events Manager, you will report to the Director of Administration, but work closely with the Foundation’s executive office and program staff as well as its renters and other external stakeholders.
The Public Welfare Foundation supports efforts to advance justice and opportunity for people in need. These efforts honor the Foundation’s core values of racial equity, economic well-being and fundamental fairness for all. The Foundation looks for strategic points where its funds can make a significant difference and improve lives through policy and system reform that results in transformative change. In its 70-year history, the Foundation has distributed more than $570 million in grants to more than 4,800 organizations. With current assets of more than $500 million, Public Welfare makes grants nationwide and focuses its grant making in some difficult, and often overlooked, social justice areas where it believes it can serve as a catalyst for reform. Its main programs are Criminal Justice, Youth Justice, and Workers’ Rights. For more information, please visit our web site at www.publicwelfare.org.
About the position:
As the Events Manager, you will coordinate the Foundation’s space rental program, including both the Foundation’s internal and public rental programs. In addition, you will serve as the primary point of contact for the facilities management function.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating the day-to-day administration of the Foundation’s office and public space rental programs, including managing relationships with users, ensuring policy compliance and processing contracts and related documentation;
- Coordinating and managing all logistics for Foundation sponsored events;
- Managing relationships with event vendors, including catering, audio-visual, and other equipment vendors; performing outreach to obtain new vendors;
- Managing the Foundation’s relationship with its property manager and tenants; overseeing facilities maintenance and working with building staff to ensure the building is well maintained and issues are resolved promptly;
- Coordinating procurement and maintenance of furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including audio-visual equipment;
- Promoting space with other staff through social media and other mediums;
- Ensuring accuracy of content on the space rental section of the Foundation’s website; coordinating with others to develop marketing and outreach strategies and materials;
- Providing input on the Foundation’s annual operating budget for facilities and space rental; reviewing monthly financial reports.
Additional skills and qualities we seek in an ideal candidate are:
- Three to five years’ experience with events planning and management.
- Ability to learn to manage office facilities to include management of physical office space and procurement/maintenance of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ability to learn about audio-visual equipment required; familiarity with event management or registration software preferred, but not required.
- Ability to create and implement systems to ensure reliable functionality of the spaces.
- Excellent written and oral communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and capability to work with internal and external teams and partners.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Public Welfare Foundation, 1200 U Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. Applications are to be submitted via email only: email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, September 14, 2018.