Director, School Partnerships Coach
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Director, School Partnerships Coach for our Washington, D.C. office. The person in this role will coach a portfolio of schools in formal partnerships, such as our Family Engagement Partnership, and will support additional partnership strategies working to transform how educators and families partner with one another to ensure that families are equipped with the information and access to support their roles in maximizing student success. The ideal candidate brings a successful track record leading change, strong strategic thinking, experience coaching and training adults toward outcomes, and on-the-ground experience supporting student academic success through effective family partnerships. This position works on the Effective Family Engagement team, alongside other School Partnerships Coaches and reports to the Managing Director of DC Partnerships.
Who We Are
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure every child in the US and Puerto Rico receives an outstanding education. In D.C., Flamboyan is accelerating student learning by helping educators and school systems transform their relationships with families. In Puerto Rico, Flamboyan is ensuring students are reading in Spanish on grade level by third grade while building a thriving philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
What You’ll Do
The Director, School Partnerships Coach position offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that is helping to change the culture of how D.C. families and educators’ partner on behalf of students. You will partner with school leadership teams to develop and sustain family engagement strategies that drive positive outcomes for schools, educators, families, and students.
Coach school leadership teams
- Serve as an equity-centered leadership coach for family engagement leaders, challenging, inspiring and motivating teams, supporting school-wide change management that interrupts bias and dismantles systems of oppression, and building expertise in effective family engagement practices
- Provide regular, in-person/virtual coaching and other supports to school teams to plan, lead and manage toward sustainable partnership outcomes for students and families, actively lifting the voices of marginalized people and communities and challenging them and ourselves to push and explore unfamiliar, and sometimes uncomfortable, perspectives on race and equity that undergird the prevailing relationships between educators and families in communities most impacted by inequity
- Support school and teacher leaders to build educator capacity to accelerate student learning through effective relationships, partnerships, and consistent communication between educators and families
- Lift the voices of marginalized people and communities, analyze family listening, school data, and program outcomes to determine areas of strength and growth for partner schools to drive equity in their schools and facilitate goal-setting and action-planning with school teams
- Advise school leadership teams on family engagement training, practice, observation-feedback, and debrief sessions with staff to support effective family engagement that interrupts bias, is inclusive of people from historically marginalized groups, and challenges ourselves and our partners to live up to our equity aspirations
- Build teacher and leader capacity to set the vision, motivate staff, remove barriers, manage program implementation, and support quality equity-centered family engagement strategies
- Support schools’ transition to independently and sustainably support equity-driving effective family engagement without Flamboyan’s regular coaching practices
Integrate effective family engagement across the DC school system
- Design and facilitate high-quality, equity-centered learning opportunities for educators aligned with Flamboyan’s research-based beliefs around effective educator-family partnerships
- Synthesize insights from schools and internal professional learning to develop tools, coaching strategies, and innovative ideas for the organization that improve our ability to coach towards effective family engagement
- Develop expertise in family engagement strategies supported at Flamboyan’s partner schools (i.e., Academic Parent-Teacher Teams, Student Led Conferences and Home Visits)
- Serve as Flamboyan’s lead point of contact with school leaders and act as a conduit for Flamboyan communication and guidance about operations, evaluation, and program improvements for partner schools
- Serve as an ambassador for Flamboyan’s organizational brand generally and our family engagement work specifically locally and nationally
- Model and foster the Flamboyan core values of People, Impact, Catalytic Action, and Equity
- Responsibly steward financial and human resources
- Continuously deepen your expertise and readiness to be an equity-centered coach and leader, self-aware, inclusive in your work, and able to be an agent of change
- Education experience in an urban setting preferred
- Strong relationship building skills, and the ability to achieve outcomes through partnerships and influence
- Ability to effectively design and facilitate meetings and trainings
- Excellent and concise communication skills, both in writing and in speaking
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions independently and collaboratively
- Continuous learner with a hunger to understand and contribute to our work
- Ability to oversee and contribute to projects with clear deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with a high standard of quality and attention to detail
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment. Our work is guided by four foundational core values that keep us grounded.
- People. We believe in the power, dignity, value, potential, and good intent of all people.
- Equity. We challenge ourselves, one another, and our partners to collaborate to identify and eliminate the barriers faced by historically underserved populations [so that everyone has the same access, consideration, respect, and opportunity].
- Impact. We create lasting, meaningful social change.
- Catalytic Action. We pursue our goals with passion and urgency and activate others internally and externally to carry our work even further.
For more information, please visit www.flamboyanfoundation.org.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at http://flamboyanfoundation.org/about/careers/. It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.