The Washington Tennis & Education Foundation (WTEF) is a premier nonprofit educational and tennis organization for underserved children in Washington, DC. We engage students in productive activities that teach discipline, build confidence, improve school performance, and encourage a healthy lifestyle and lifelong fitness.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations is responsible for WTEF’s internal operations, including human resource systems and financial management. The Director of Operations is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of facility maintenance. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, demonstrated organizational/logistical skills, an attention to detail, and is willing to take initiative. She or he must possess a passion for WTEF’s mission, a commitment to innovation, and exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Develop, implement, and communicate personnel policies consistent with WTEF’s organizational culture, including employee training and performance management systems.
• Oversee new employee on-boarding, and coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews.
• Ensure HR state and federal compliance pertaining to personnel matters.
• Evaluate and oversee benefits plans (and third party vendors), with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective competitive benefits package.
• Manage the annual budget, including regularly re-forecasting based on actual financial activity.
• Supervise accounting staff.
• Oversee the maintenance of the facility to ensure that the highest safety and environmental standards are consistently attained. This includes identification of and timely attention to any issues, inventory management, monitoring of safety policies and procedures, etc.
• Manage the operations budget and make adjustments to improve safety and efficiency while minimizing expenses, including evaluating and negotiating savings with outside vendors.
• Manage all IT services for the facility, including the website and online reservation system.
• Develop plans for long-term (3-5 year) capital projects.
• Demonstrated passion for and commitment to WTEF’s mission.
• A track record of designing and implementing innovative solutions within available resources.
• A commitment to a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Seven to ten years of related work experience.
• Microsoft Office Suite skills essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application and upload your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience. Learn more at http://www.wtef.org.