If we are going to truly end poverty, it will be by bringing support, services, and opportunities into neighborhoods where all three are scarce. We must transform neighborhoods without displacing individuals and families, and we must empower communities to lead this transformation. That is at the heart of A Wider Circle’s Neighborhood Partnerships program, and we are looking for an individual to help lead this effort.
We currently operate sites in Southeast and Northwest Washington, D.C. The emphases of our neighborhood work include employment and economic opportunity, health and wellness, financial stability, safety and security, education and mentoring, community engagement, and supportive services. Building on our work to date, the Director will oversee staff and volunteers, manage daily site operations, build partnerships, and bring an uncompromising commitment to ending poverty.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President. While some time will be spent at the Silver Spring headquarters, the majority will be at our neighborhood sites.
- Oversee daily operations and programming in our neighborhood sites, to include employment, health and wellness, and all other areas listed above.
- Serve in an administrative and supervisory role, managing site staff, addressing worksite operational issues, and attending community meetings.
- Establish data tools and metrics to track outcomes of all programs.
- Understand need and opportunities within and beyond the community geographic center for residents and community partners.
- Conduct neighborhood outreach for development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Carry out basic budget management and engage in fundraising efforts for the program.
- Serve as a visionary in community efforts for equity and equality, resource allocation and programs that meet need while addressing root causes and pushing for change.
- Five years experience working in an urban poverty setting
- At least ten years of experience in nonprofit program management, human services, and/or grassroots organizations
- At least ten years of management/supervisory experience
- At least three years of experience implementing programming and tracking and measuring outcomes
- Two or more years of experience doing outreach and forming partnerships between nonprofits, businesses, educational institutions, or other community groups
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factor. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.