Education and Experience Required (level of education required, specific experience needed; e.g. budget, supervision, experience in industry):
- Bachelor of Arts required; Masters preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience working in a corporate giving/institutional giving capacity for a nonprofit or marketing/CSR capacity within a corporation.
- Extensive Raisers Edge experience.
- One to two years of communication experience writing newsletters, brochures, updating websites, and other promotional pieces; demonstrable excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with corporate and private foundation giving vehicles
- Experience delivering fundraising presentations and trainings.
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Designs, implements and manages a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing institutional/corporate relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to outreach and philanthropic support with goals, objectives and timetables.
- Identifies emerging corporate leadership and industry trends with special emphasis on developing, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding philanthropic support. Manage a prospect list of 75-100 institutional/corporate prospects working with the CEO, Director of Development and relevant board members to ensure prospects are developed.
- Responsible for developing competitive proposals (including multi-campaign and multi-year packages), implementing solicitation and grant proposals, making presentations and solicitations that are consistent with the mission of APF. Analyze data to create objectives and measure success.
- Maintains a high-quality stewardship process for active institutional/corporate prospects and major gift donors. Ensures that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of activities.
- Oversees institutional/corporate recognition.
- Responsible for maintaining existing strategic alliances with corporations.
- Coordinates meetings in person or by phone with a minimum of 5 institutions a month.
- Oversees the creation of all donor communication materials, event collateral, and media efforts/press releases.
- Develops and submits funding proposals, corporate applications and reports.
- Be conversant in Raiser’s Edge or relevant fundraising software to comprise accurate reports for the CEO and board. Conducts prospect research as necessary.
- Oversees all stewardship and recognition plans (including development of donor recognition opportunities); ensure that donors and prospective donors understand the impact of their support to cultivate and ensure a vibrant culture of giving.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Deliver fundraising trainings to APA Divisions and other groups.
Make presentations at the APA Convention, APA meetings and outside organizational meetings about the Foundation.
Supervise interns working on development activities.
Works in conjunction with the Development Director to assign appropriate tasks to the Development Coordinator.