The Washington Tennis & Education Foundation (WTEF) is a premier nonprofit educational and tennis organization for underserved children in Washington, DC. We engage students in productive activities that teach discipline, build confidence, improve school performance, and encourage a healthy lifestyle and lifelong fitness.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for assisting the CEO on developing and updating a strategic development plan, then ensuring its execution. The ideal candidate has good judgment, a strong work ethic, demonstrated organizational/logistical skills, an attention to detail, is willing to take initiative, and is capable of “managing up”, so as to efficiently and effectively leverage the CEO’s time for development/fundraising purposes. She or he must possess a passion for WTEF’s mission, a commitment to innovation, and exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Assist the CEO in developing and implementing a comprehensive, multi-year fundraising strategy and operations plan. Donor / Prospect Cultivation & Solicitation
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and public sources by leveraging the CEO’s time spent on development activities.
• Manage research of prospects and donors.
• Draft and oversee execution of mass donor emails/mailings.
• Assist the Grant Manger in writing, reviewing, and submitting proposals, letters of interest, grant reports, etc., as needed. Database Entry and Management
• Develop and implement coding methods to track donors/prospects in the most efficient and effective ways.
• Pull lists and reports regularly to serve strategic development goals.
• Manage strategy and logistics for fundraising events - from large galas to small dinners/lunches.
• Support and collaborate with the Board of Directors, CEO, and other senior leadership on organization-wide strategy.
• Supervise Development Associate.
• Demonstrated passion for and commitment to WTEF’s mission.
• A track record of designing and implementing innovative solutions within available resources.
• A commitment to a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Three to five years of related work experience. Fundraising experience a plus.
• Microsoft Office Suite skills essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application and upload your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience. Learn more at http://www.wtef.org.