ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: Exponent Philanthropy is a membership association dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors. Our members operate leanly and practice philanthropy motivated by personal passion, community needs, and the strong desire for better outcomes. Exponent Philanthropy provides high-quality and cost-effective programs, resources, and connections that maximize our members’ dollars and time for the benefit of a variety of diverse communities and causes.
Our organization is defined by our warm and welcoming culture, based on the following principles: relationships come first, one size does not fit all, learning is a life long journey, quality is essential, and inspiration from the collective impact of our members. Our staff are highly collegial, ethical, bright, and customer service oriented individuals with a commitment to quality work.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Director of Corporate Partnerships is a key member of our development department and serves on the organization’s management team. This position is responsible for sourcing, cultivating and nurturing relationships with organizations and individuals that service the philanthropy sector, including but not limited to philanthropic consultants, grantmaking software companies, financial institutions, accountants, and lawyers. This is a highly collaborative role, working across internal departments and externally, leveraging corporate partner relationships to achieve organizational goals. Corporate partnerships represent an important revenue stream for the organization, in addition to membership dues, grants, and earned revenue from programs and services. Corporate partner relationships take a variety of forms including multi-year partnerships, event sponsorships, event exhibits, and content licensing/royalty arrangements.
- Manage and expand corporate partnership program, meeting and/or exceeding annual corporate partnership targets.
- Engage in research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, reporting, and communications with existing and potential corporate partners.
- Manage sales functions of conference exhibits, sponsorships and partnerships.
- Develop and implement a corporate partner communications strategy
- Collaborate across departments to ensure Exponent Philanthropy maximizes partnership opportunities in a manner mutually beneficial for Exponent Philanthropy and partners.
- Provide partner perspective in internal strategy meetings to ensure maximum satisfaction of partners and members.
- Maintain system to track and report corporate partnership agreements and deliverables.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- 5-10 years relevant and demonstrated revenue-generating success in sales, business development or fundraising.
- Demonstrated success in initiating, building and sustaining relationships with corporate sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Strong team player, results-oriented, flexible, tenacious, and customer-oriented.
- Proven consensus builder
- Ability to think strategically and move ideas from concept to implementation.
- Strong ability to maintain accountability and work independently while functioning as part of a cooperative and coordinated team.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and people skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with CRM or fundraising software; Salesforce experience is a plus
- Ability to travel on occasion
To Apply For Position:
Salary and Benefits: Exponent Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and comprehensive and generous benefits package including sick leave, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and transit subsidies.
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although we value initiative, we cannot field phone calls regarding the position.
Exponent Philanthropy is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, gender or age (except where gender or age is a bona-fide occupational qualification, as defined by law), genetic information, or physical or mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).