Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS)
Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations
Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) seeks a Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations (Director) to join the leadership team of an organization with an unparalleled track record of empowering and supporting communities in need across Northern Virginia.
The Director is responsible for leading the strategy, oversight and execution of all corporate and foundation funding research, cultivation, and solicitation at NVFS. Reporting to the EVP, Development and Communications, the Director will work in tandem with staff across the organization and the Board to significantly grow and strengthen NVFS’ corporate and foundation fundraising program.
The ideal candidate is a superb relationship manager with a track record of success leading all aspects of the corporate and foundation donor cultivation cycle. Additionally, s/he will be highly collaborative, have experience managing a team, and will possess a deep commitment to the mission of NVFS.
- Lead and manage a comprehensive development plan focused on identifying and expanding corporate and foundation relationships, and meeting ambitious fundraising goals
- Cultivate new relationships across the region, maintaining a rigorous schedule of contact across a broad portfolio of contacts
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to maximize outreach efforts and to ensure that NVFS programmatic needs are represented authentically with funders
- Manage the CARE Awards Committee, serving as the primary sponsorship and event strategist and solicitor
- Identify and secure Road to Independence Gala sponsorships to help achieve organizational
fundraising targets for the event
- Support NVFS efforts to build a culture of stewardship among stakeholders
- Lead and leverage a dedicated team to maximize departmental outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5-7 years of fundraising experience, with an emphasis on scaling sustainable corporate and foundation fundraising programs
- Proven success generating new revenue and building long-term partnerships with corporate entities and foundations
- Demonstrated success engaging a diverse set of key stakeholders across the funder community and with Board members
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style with the ability to work closely with colleagues across the organization
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage a variety of projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- High degree of personal integrity and discretion
- Deep understanding of local corporate and foundation funding community
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to NVFS’ mission
NVFS provides the essential building blocks for financial, emotional and physical well being, serving as leaders and innovators for the Northern Virginia community for more than 94 years. NVFS provides services in a diverse set of issue areas, including early childhood development, foster care and adoption, health and well being, homelessness and housing, immigration legal services, workforce development, and youth initiatives. Every year, NVFS empowers 35,000+ individuals to achieve self-sufficiency. With these essential resources, the Northern Virginia community is better equipped for future success and engagement among all of its neighbors.