Founded in 1992, the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (WRAG) is a nonprofit membership association comprised of over 100 of the leading foundations, corporate giving programs, and philanthropic leaders in the Greater Washington region. Dedicated to improving the health and vitality of the region and all who live here, WRAG provides a robust arena for grantmakers to collectively learn, problem-solve, and develop cross-sector solutions to achieve greater community impact.
The WRAG’s Director of Corporate and Foundation Advancement works in partnership with the President and CEO in designing and implementing WRAG’s organizational strategy for retention, recruitment, and engagement of new and existing members, and for creating learning and engagement opportunities for members.
- Develop and implement an annual business development plan, including strategies for membership recruitment and retention, and broad stakeholder engagement.
- Design and begin to implement a robust, organization-wide membership recruitment strategy for 2020 – 2022.
- Identify, develop and implement learning and engagement opportunities that benefit the experience of members and cross sector leaders, and provides additional revenues for the association.
- Work with internal staff to design and roll-out type-specific membership products and design targeted recruitment and renewal strategies for key audiences, including community foundations, corporate philanthropy, family and independent foundations.
- Oversee day-to-day membership operations, including high quality data integrity within Salesforce to ensure accurate reporting of members, prospects, and financial performance related to membership renewal and recruitment.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to measure performance against membership targets and develop new and expanded metrics for membership success, including scoring of member engagement indicators.
- Lead development and monitoring of corporate and foundation grant proposals.
- Promote and implement high level customer service standards that enable the organization to respond to needs of members and prospective members.
- Draft personalized solicitations and member communications and oversee updates and maintenance of membership marketing materials (collateral, web copy, email and social marketing).
- Represent WRAG at speaking and networking opportunities when designated.
Education and Experience
- Six or more years of experience in corporate or foundation engagement and/or membership recruitment within non-profit organization(s), university, and/or trade associations.
- Proven experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Must be a comfortable working in a small team environment that supports a comprehensive, multifaceted organization.
- Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated competencies and commitment to working in an organization that is committed to racial equity and inclusion.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and CRM database experience (Salesforce strongly preferred).
- Must be a goal oriented, creative thinker who can conceptualize and deliver on ideas; and work independently without direction or with a team to drive projects forward.
- Exceptional writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be strategic, and a big-picture thinker who can dive into the details, when necessary.
- Proven project management skills and experience in designing, managing and delivering high quality projects on time
- Sales knowledge and experience with achieving planned goals strongly preferred.
- Must be a doer, able to work well with multiple priorities and with deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance to others (internally and externally to the organization).
- Possess the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to break down big picture work goals into manageable tasks; has the foresight to anticipate potential roadblocks in order to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects
- Ability to energize and engage with current and potential new members using a customer focused approach.
Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience; comprehensive and generous benefits package including full healthcare, dental, long and short-term disability, life insurance, etc.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to jobsatwrag(at)gmail.com.