Founded in 1992, the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (WRAG) is a nonprofit membership association comprised of over 100 of the leading foundations, corporate giving programs, and philanthropic leaders in the Greater Washington region. Dedicated to improving the health and vitality of the region and all who live here, WRAG provides a robust arena for grantmakers to collectively learn, problem-solve, and develop cross-sector solutions to achieve greater community impact.
The WRAG’s Director of Communications, Technology, and Administration works in partnership with the President and CEO developing an organizational communications strategy; managing the brand by overseeing and providing guidance for both print and electronic external communications. Oversees all vendors and the technology systems supporting WRAG. Provides strategic support to the President and CEO, the Board, and WRAG team.
- Serves as the communications leader for WRAG; actively involved with WRAG’s presence (social, media, written, etc.) including the production of the Daily WRAG, our online newsletter.
- Serves as the technology leader in providing support for the CRM system (Salesforce) and other platforms used within WRAG.
- Provide communications strategy and planning support for major meetings and special events.
- Assists President with scheduling external convenings of major stakeholders.
- Staffs the President in Board meetings.
- Works in concert with staff in producing the annual Member Directory and membership collateral.
- Responsible for WRAG’s website design; creation and posting of content; coordination of materials from staff; creation of visual elements; regular archiving of content; graphic design; tracking and evaluation of website traffic; seeking opportunities to improve website; implementation of new site functionalities, and optimization of site.
- Advises staff on communications potential/implications for all initiatives; maintain a database of media sources and relevant materials. Write/edit various WRAG reports and publications; generate ideas for packaging stories and series to best engage readers; function as in-house editor; publications and presentations.
- Shape and direct efforts to grow and sustain a strong, consistent brand identity among WRAG’s various constituencies.
- Manage consultants; recognizing opportunities when a consultant will be useful to the organization.
- Negotiate needed contracts to support the daily operations of WRAG in concert with the President/CEO and other staff directly related to the project.
- Manage relationships with vendors, including IT, phone, CRM, and other suppliers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, business, or related field.
- At least ten years of relevant senior level experience in providing administrative oversight for various operational areas.
- Experience in online communications and website management, preferably in a nonprofit, communications, or membership organization.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with vendors, including printers and graphic designers.
- Ability to write/produce high quality materials
- Knowledge of operational monitoring, human resources and organizational administration
- Knowledge of standard web design and development; proficiency in HTML.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MSOffice, Photoshop and Publisher (or similar publishing software).
- Must be a comfortable working in a small team environment that supports a comprehensive, multifaceted organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated competencies and commitment to working in an organization that is committed to racial equity and inclusion.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and CRM and CMS experience (Salesforce and Drupal preferred).
- Must be a goal oriented, creative thinker who can conceptualize and deliver on ideas; and work independently without direction or with a team to drive projects forward.
- Exceptional writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be strategic, and a big-picture thinker who can dive into the details, when necessary.
- Proven project management skills and experience in designing, managing and delivering high quality projects on time
- Experience with achieving planned goals strongly preferred.
- Must be a doer, able to work well with multiple priorities and with deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance to others (internally and externally to the organization).
- Possess the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Anticipates changing circumstances and engages stakeholders in moving forward with change.
- Models appropriate inquiry to gain understanding and awareness of others’ differences and practices. Creates safe and constructive forums for sharing diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Ability to break down big picture work goals into management tasks; has the foresight to anticipate potential roadblocks in order to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Ability to actively listen and thoughtfully question in order to create greater understanding and to offer insights that advance problem-solving.
- Ability to embrace systems thinking and the technology needed to help advance operations.
Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience; comprehensive and generous benefits package including full healthcare, dental, long and short-term disability, life insurance, etc.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to jobsatwrag(at)gmail.com.