Friends Community School in College Park, MD, seeks a part-time Director of Annual Fund.
FCS is a progressive Quaker K-8 day school with small class sizes, serving a diverse student body from Prince George’s County, Montgomery County, and nearby Washington, DC. We offer a challenging curriculum imbued with strong values of equality, integrity, community, environmental stewardship, simplicity, and peaceful conflict resolution, rooted in our Quaker heritage. Faculty and staff are highly engaged, and enjoy the flexibility, autonomy, and creativity associated with progressive education. FCS provides competitive salary and benefits, including leadership and professional development opportunities. Our green campus is located within minutes of the Beltway, easily accessible to public transportation and bike trails, surrounded by Greenbelt National Park.
The Director of Annual Fund:
• Reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
• Implements and manages all aspects of an annual giving program, ensuring alignment with the school’s mission.
• Develops a yearly plan for solicitation and grows participation percentages, deepening the annual giving culture at the school.
• Identifies, solicits, and documents donors in Raiser’s Edge.
• Plans and prepares solicitation materials.
• Organizes volunteers.
• Acknowledges gifts.
• Reports on revenue growth and trends for Director of Institutional Advancement and the school’s Advancement Committee.
• 5 years of experience leading a successful annual giving program, preferably in education.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships internally with colleagues and externally with donors and volunteers.
• Experience with online fundraising, including marketing through social media.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to think creatively, and strong organizational skills.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCS is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.