Since 1973, the Greater Washington Community Foundation has been a champion of thriving communities and a catalyst for change through local philanthropic engagement, effective community investment, and civic leadership. We work with donors and partners to enhance the quality of life in the District of Columbia, Montgomery County, Northern Virginia, and Prince George’s County. Through our grantmaking and community impact initiatives, The Community Foundation works to Build Thriving Communities by accelerating effective solutions to Address Poverty, Deepen Culture and Human Connection, and Prepare for the Future of Work. As the region’s largest local funder, The Community Foundation has invested more than $1.2 billion to build more equitable, just, and enriching communities where all residents can live, work, and thrive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. This position is responsible for developing coordinated digital media strategies and leading tactical implementation by producing engaging and compelling content for The Community Foundation’s digital channels.
- Work with Senior Director of Marketing to develop cross-channel digital marketing strategies and campaigns for web, email, and social media platforms
- Lead social media strategy development and day-to-day execution, ensuring integration and alignment with overarching marketing strategy and brand consistency
- Monitor online channels and news sources to identify opportunities to engage in relevant online conversations
- Produce monthly email newsletter and related blog posts for our donors and nonprofit partners according to editorial calendar themes
- Lead internal storytelling efforts and incorporate storytelling into digital marketing programs
- Assist with researching, writing, editing, proofreading, producing, and posting content
- Manage website maintenance, design, and development projects, including posting new content, providing regular updates, and seeking out new features and tools to improve the user experience
- Collect and analyze website, social media, and email/newsletter metrics and prepare internal reports to inform future communications efforts
- Provide strategic and tactical support for annual gala and other donor engagement events
- Conduct staff training to advise and support staff on use of digital media tools
- Develop processes and guidelines to help streamline internal requests for marketing support
- Perform basic graphic design, photography and/or video work, including editing and creating compelling visual content for social media
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, PR, fundraising or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience developing marketing content, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated experience with managing organizational social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), website content management systems (Wordpress and/or Squarespace), and mass email service providers (such as Constant Contact or MailChimp)
- Outstanding writing, editing, and design skills, including ability to present concepts visually and verbally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Youtube, Canva, and Google Analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, providing a high level of service to several internal clients
- A self-starter and quick learner with the ability to prioritize effectively, organize workload, meet deadlines, be flexible, pay attention to detail, work independently and function effectively as part of a team
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package, including company-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance for employee; Flexible spending accounts; Retirement plan with employer match; Eleven paid holidays; Flexible work schedule.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, three digital work samples (which may include websites you managed, newsletters you created, and/or social media campaigns you developed), and a cover letter elaborating on your experience, work samples, and interest in this position. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter and forward to: HR@thecommunityfoundation.org.
The Greater Washington Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.