The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. This position is responsible for developing coordinated digital media strategies and leading tactical implementation by producing engaging and compelling content for digital channels.
- Work with Senior Director of Marketing to develop cross-channel digital marketing strategies and campaigns for web, email, and social media platforms
- Lead social media strategy development and day-to-day execution, ensuring integration and alignment with overarching marketing strategy and brand consistency
- Monitor online channels and news sources to identify opportunities to engage in relevant online conversations
- Produce monthly email newsletter for donors and nonprofit partners according to editorial calendar themes
- Design an online story library and incorporate storytelling into digital marketing efforts
- Assist with researching, writing, editing, proofreading, and producing/posting content
- Manage website maintenance, design and development projects, including posting new content, providing regular updates, and seeking out new features and tools to improve the user experience
- Establish website, social media, and email/newsletter metrics and targets; analyze results and prepare internal reports to inform future communications efforts
- Provide strategic and tactical support for the regional gala and other events
- Conduct staff training on digital marketing programs, advise and support program staff on use of digital media tools, and develop guidelines to help streamline internal requests for support
- Perform basic graphic design, photography and/or video work, including editing and creating compelling visual content for social media
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, PR, fundraising or other relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of full-time professional experience developing marketing content, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated experience with managing organizational social media accounts, website content management systems, and mass email service providers (such as Constant Contact or MailChimp)
- Outstanding writing, editing, and design skills, including ability to present concepts visually and verbally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and Google Analytics
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, providing a high level of service to several internal clients
- Ability to be a self-starter, quick learner, prioritize effectively, organize workload, meet deadlines, be flexible, pay attention to detail, work independently and function effectively as part of a team
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Company paid health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance for employee only. Retirement plan with employer match, and paid time off including eleven paid holidays.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, three digital work samples (which may include websites you managed, newsletters you created, and/or social media campaigns you developed), and a cover letter elaborating on your experience, work samples, and interest in this position. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter and forward to: HR@thecommunityfoundation.org.
The Greater Washington Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.