DC127 is a local initiative that unites churches around the foster care system in Washington, DC. DC127 has a small professional team with over 250 volunteers, all dedicated to mobilizing churches to support the most vulnerable families and children in our city. We recruit and support foster and adoptive homes and empower churches to care for vulnerable families who are at risk of being separated by foster care.
We are currently seeking a part-time Development Manager, a new position in the organization, to strategically manage, implement, and build DC127’s fundraising efforts. This position will report to and work with the Executive Director to secure DC127’s $400,000 annual budget. The role will receive support from the Development and Operations Administrator and Operations Interns. The right person for this job will be able to take initiative and demonstrate leadership in their role, be a strategic and creative thinker, and be excited to work on a small team that accomplishes big goals. This position is based in DC127’s office in the Shaw neighborhood for 30 hours a week with the potential for growth depending on funding. The annual salary range for this 30-hour a week position is $36,800 - $39,000. The salary, as well as flexibility for partial remote work schedule, will be based on years of experience in nonprofit development. Benefits include health and dental insurance and contribution to a retirement fund.
- Alongside the Executive Director and Board, design and execute an annual fundraising strategy to raise and grow DC127’s budget in order to support program growth.
- Manage and track the implementation of DC127’s fundraising strategy, tracking progress towards fundraising goals in DC127’s donor database and overseeing the upkeep of the donor database with support from the Development and Operations Administrator.
- Manage DC127’s grant application calendar, including cultivating relationships, writing proposals, and overseeing reporting.
- Coordinate the cultivation of relationships with DC127 donors and sponsoring corporations.
- Manage grassroots donor fundraising efforts, including appreciation and communications.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board, organize and execute fundraising events.
- DC127 is a faith-based, Christian organization and requires team members to share and uphold the organization’s faith roots within an understanding and welcomeness to diversity in the Christian tradition
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of nonprofit development and fundraising experience required
- Experience with grant writing and event planning
- Can readily adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and operates well on a team
- Demonstrated ability to independently take initiative and ownership on projects with minimal supervision and ability to research and develop new opportunities for DC127
- Ability to attend some events on nights and weekends with advanced notice
- High level of comfort and experience with technologies and new software; experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp, Adobe Suite and Salesforce a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and dependable
- Can prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment while keeping the big picture and strategic goals in mind
- Employment contingent on successful completion of background checks and commitment to one year in this role
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were referred to this position by someone else, please list their name in your introductory email.