TITLE: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
LOCATION: Virtual Office (East coast Headquartered)
The Development Associate will advance ABFE's fundraising program, including donor data management in Salesforce, providing administrative support to the development team, the Chief Development Officer, Director of Development, and Grants Writer. The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development and work with staff across the organization on an as-needed basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to Chief Development Officer, Director of Development, and Grant Writer. Send out departmental and committee meetings agendas, record and distribute meeting minutes, and draft correspondence.
- Field inquiries via phone and development email inboxes, providing superior customer service/troubleshooting as necessary while referring more complex inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Maintain shared-access departmental files with information such as reports, proposals, decks, minutes, and correspondence
- Follow up on returned fundraising-related email. Update Salesforce with the correct information or updated email addresses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for gift processing, including entering all required information into Salesforce and ensuring that funders and donors receive acknowledgments and thank you letters. Under the direction of the Director of Development, create and submit appropriate tax deduction information to funders, donors, and sponsors.
- Update automated thank you letters with fresh content monthly.
- Produce fundraising management reports per specifications in the fundraising plan and others as requested.
- Provide contact lists to ABFE communications department for distribution of printed and digital material,
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, and other administrative support assigned for fundraising events.
- Schedule in-person and online meetings for the development department, providing logistics support for in-person meetings.
- Maintain prospect, donor, and fund records in Salesforce, including proposals, grant amounts, reporting and deliverables required, and correspondence with donors and prospects in a timely manner.
- Run reports from Salesforce, and review and analyze data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants.
- In conjunction with the Data Manager, troubleshoot database issues related to development data.
- Work closely with finance staff by co-leading the bi-weekly reconciliation process between financial recordings and development information with a member of the accounting department.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for racial equity and ABFE's mission, vision, and values.
- Expertise in Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, list management, and web-based programs.
- Proficiency in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA or equivalent education.
- Three years of nonprofit administrative experience or equivalent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply: Interested candidates, please apply through the following link:
Please include your cover letter and a copy of your resume for consideration.