JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Philanthropy (GP), Global Government Relations, Office of Nonprofit Engagement (ONE), Social and Sustainable Finance, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
The Mid-Atlantic region is a growing and important region for the country and for JPMorgan Chase. Spanning from Baltimore to Richmond, it has the 3rd largest economy in the U.S. and the 7th largest in the world; 6 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the country; the largest tech corridor outside of Silicon Valley and ranks 4th nationally for tech talent; and is a hub for Fortune 1000 companies, top tier universities, nonprofit and civic organizations. JPMorgan Chase has been doing business in the Greater Washington region since 1999 with close to 400 current employees. The firm has a significant client base in the region for credit cards, federal government, commercial, nonprofit, asset and wealth management, auto finance, and investment banking. In April 2018, the firm announced its expansion in the Greater Washington region, expanding its consumer business and opening ~70 new branches and hiring 700 new employees. The firm also committed $4.5 billion over five years to small business lending, affordable housing, and home lending, and more than doubled our philanthropic commitment in the region to $25 million over five years.
We are seeking to fill the role of Vice President on the Mid-Atlantic Regional Team located in our Washington, D.C. office. The position will report to the Head of Strategy for the Mid-Atlantic Region, who is also a member of CR’s senior management team and co-Chair of the Market Leadership Team (MLT), and will be responsible for developing, implementing and driving overall firm-wide business and CR strategy in the region which includes Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Maryland.
Focused on business growth, as well as community and employee engagement, this position will work in close collaboration with Lines of Business (LOBs) partners and CR colleagues in Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Public Affairs, Communications and other departments, to develop and manage a robust strategy that enhances the firm’s business, brand and relationships across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. In this role, she/he will also play a leadership role on the market expansion team in the region, working closely with Chase and other new lines of business (LOBs). She/he will lead and drive a wide range of initiatives in the region, including the region’s business strategy, CR strategy, and lead for cross LOB client and prospect opportunities and events, and philanthropic and other visibility events. He/She will be able to meet and speak to clients, key stakeholders and partners, and elected officials about our strategy and activities in the region.
The ideal candidate will have experience in politics and/or government, have worked in the private sector or have an MBA, and can both develop and execute on that strategy. She/he will leverage her/his experience, knowledge and skills to effectively drive, coordinate and communicate business and philanthropic priorities in the region, and will be responsible for a variety of critical areas related to management, operations and overall strategy of our work in the region.
Serve as lead for the firm and for CR across the Mid-Atlantic region.
Maintain responsibility for the development and implementation of a regional business and CR strategy focused on business growth, engagement in the community, and enhancement of employee experiences and engagement. This portfolio includes developing an annual strategic plan document and tracking results and impact.
- Coordinate with Corporate Responsibility teams at the regional and national level to identify opportunities to align firm initiatives and engage internal and external stakeholders to sustain our message and community outreach
- Collaborate with regional communications team, Market Leadership Team, Market Expansion team and Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders on strategy
- As part of the overall firm-wide regional strategy, develop engagement plan for the Mid-Atlantic Chairman and Head of Strategy, including speaking engagements, employee events, client and prospect meetings and events, etc.
- Manage development and implementation of the Mid-Atlantic business plan, including driving priorities identified in the plan, measuring success and reporting on each priority
- Track significant initiatives and projects, providing coordination, sharing information, and monitoring progress towards meeting goals and achieving benchmarks and ensuring follow-through to completion
- Provide coordination among the LOBs by identifying where teams are working on similar or complementary issues and could work together effectively; sharing information across the groups; and working to coordinate strategy across the teams
- Develop robust plan for communicating with regional employees, including monthly regional newsletter, quarterly conference calls, and other employee events such as town halls and family events.
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or private sector experience preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience, preferred political and/or government experience
- Strong analytical, strategic and independent problem solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to articulate concepts and strategies effectively
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High attention to detail; follows through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Positive self-starter with proactive approach, excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Mastery of core Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint