The Consultant is an integral member of FMA’s Consulting and Advisory Services national team and can be based remotely or in our New York City office. The Consultant works in a team-based environment to help a portfolio of nonprofit and foundation clients develop high-quality financial and operational practices. Additionally, the Consultant provides support for FMA’s growing and evolving consulting practice through new product development, training initiatives, and knowledge management.
This position can be located in any of FMA's offices in New York, Chicago, Oakland, Washington DC, and Providence or virtually from any other domestic location.
Works as part of FMA project teams to deliver high-quality services to a diverse portfolio of nonprofit and philanthropic clients. Sample client engagements may include:
- Researching and drafting reports and actionable recommendations
- Assisting in research and content development for products and services
- Supporting planning and implementation of financial systems and practices
- Developing curriculum and facilitating workshops in training initiatives
- Conducting grantee financial due diligence for foundations
- Serving as primary contact for client engagements, developing effective working relationships with client personnel
- Designing new business processes
- Providing guidance and analytical support with respect to financial trends analysis, and planning.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required; MPA, MBA or related master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into actionable solutions, navigate through ambiguity and complexity to analyze a situation, and look beyond details to see the overarching goals and results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey technical information in an accessible way
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player that values diversity of background and approach
- Timely in completion of assigned projects with varying needs and deadlines.
- Experience with developing quality presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and use of Microsoft Excel, including graphs and formatting.
- Professional experience in the nonprofit sector and/or financial management strongly preferred. Knowledge or experience with foundations (private, community, family, etc.) a plus.
How to Apply
Apply using the following link: https://fma.applytojob.com/apply/GLougZmq3Z/Consultant?source=Washington...
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. FMA hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages diverse applicants to apply for this position.