The Community Investment Fellow reports to the Community Investment Officer with dotted line reporting to the Vice President of Community Investment. This position is responsible for grants administration, research, writing, data-analysis, administrative support.
- Assist with the intake, due diligence and completeness review of grant applications.
- Support the administration of the grant review process, including proposal and budget review.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of grant correspondence and communication.
- Manage the maintenance of grantee and grant records utilizing The Community Foundation’s grants and information management database/software, and other file management systems.
- Expedite grantee payment processing.
- Analyze grantee progress and reporting.
- Facilitate technical assistance or other support to applicants and grantees, where applicable.
- Collaborate with the organizing and participate in grantmaking and programmatic meetings and convenings.
- Recent MA, MPA, or MBA graduate
- Related work experience, non-profit or Foundation is preferred
- Specific background in grants administration, and any of the following: project management; management consulting; database analytics; public administration, research, community development
- Knowledge in FIMS, GIFTS, or other grants and information management software a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good customer service skills
- Ardent interest in the field of philanthropy
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $26k-$28k based upon experience. Company paid health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance for employee only. Transit reimbursement ($130 per month), retirement plan with employer match, and paid time off including eleven paid holidays.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, and a cover letter elaborating on your experience, work samples, and interest in this position. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter and forward to: HR@thecommunityfoundation.org.
The Greater Washington Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.