ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: Founded in 2015, the Crimsonbridge Foundation is an entrepreneurial private operating foundation dedicated to promoting education, developing leadership, and investing in nonprofit capacity building to create positive, lasting social change. It is committed to working with other philanthropic and nonprofit organizations to develop innovative, transformative ways to address social problems and to work across sectors to maximize social impact. Crimsonbridge Foundation and its affiliate, Crimsonbridge Group, award more than $1 million in grants annually, in the Greater Washington region and across the United States.
JOB OVERVIEW: The Foundation is looking for a full-time (36-40 hrs/week) experienced, energetic, and dynamic communications professional with exceptional writing, social media, and website management skills to join its team. The communications manager (CM) will work directly with the President & CEO, who leads the Foundation’s communications strategies. The CM will be responsible for producing written content for external dissemination, developing the Foundation’s messaging, support, and management of multiple websites, and executing a communications strategy that will engage various audiences across the Foundation’s online and social media platforms. Crimsonbridge is a unique and dynamic philanthropic organization. We believe and thrive in a work environment guided by kindness, positivity, and collaboration. The ideal candidate has a passion for the work of the Foundation and is a professional who can excel when working independently and as a collaborative team member. Local candidates only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate and promote the Foundation’s goals, strategies, and funding priorities through communications outreach work, campaigns, and storytelling.
- Create, edit, review, and publish articles, case studies, blog posts, online newsletters, etc.
- Oversee editorial calendar - identify, research, and draft multi-media content for social media and online presence; ensure all messages align with key messages.
- Update and maintain the Foundation’s websites. High proficiency using Wix is preferred.
- Design and develop audio and visual content (photo, video, etc.).
- Develop and execute media strategies to increase the visibility of community partner outcomes and the impact of the Foundation’s investments.
- Develop and execute social media strategies and optimize Crimsonbridge Foundation’s social media presence on relevant platforms. Mentor and facilitate social media use and guidelines for staff.
- Develop, monitor, and report on measurements to ensure communications efforts support the Foundation’s goals.
- Work with Grants Manager to use Foundation data to develop content for charts and visuals.
- Build upon and manage a media relations database.
- Maintain and update library of photos, graphics, videos, etc.
- Plan and support distribution and dissemination activities for reports and publications.
- Serve as point of contact for communications-related contractors and vendors (graphic design, printing, photography, videography, professional writers, etc.).
- Attend occasional special events to collect images and stories or represent the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty. The qualifications below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required unless stated otherwise.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of full-time work experience as a communications professional.
- Experience working with local, regional, or national nonprofit organizations, foundations/philanthropy, associations, and/or other community-based institutions preferably in the Washington, DC region.
- Knowledge and communications experience related to equity/inclusion, education, leadership development, and/or nonprofit capacity building preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills in English (Spanish fluency is a plus).
- Ability to tailor message formats and contents to target audiences.
- Expertise in website management.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience developing publicity campaigns and newsletters using MailChimp.
- Self-starting and self-sufficient.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and an ability to interpret and communicate data and statistics.
- Respect privacy, maintain confidentiality, and exercise the highest level of discretion.
- Exercise grace, tact, and diplomacy in both internal and external settings.
- Ability to successfully work independently and within a dynamic team.
- Flexibility to attend occasional (quarterly) evening and weekend events.
This is a full-time position (36-40 hours per week) in a hybrid work environment. The Crimsonbridge team works several days per week from the Foundation’s private office (located in Chevy Chase, MD) and the rest remote. The Foundation offers a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience ($60,000-$75,000) and a generous benefits package (incl. medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, employer contribution to retirement plan, short- & long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, annual/sick/paternity leave, professional development opportunities, health & wellness benefit, and summer flex schedule).
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required in accordance with the Foundation’s vaccination policy.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position and a resume to email@example.com. Please refer to “CM position” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please. Local candidates only.
The Crimsonbridge Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All correspondences will remain confidential.