DC Bilingual Public Charter seeks to hire a Communications and Development Associate. DC Bilingual seeks a creative, self-starter with exceptional written and oral communication skills; a passion for the DC Bilingual mission; and the desire to grow professionally in the fundraising sector. This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Development to meet the school’s annual fundraising goal of $1m.
Roles and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and execute persuasive marketing and communications content and materials to meet target audience’s interests and across a variety of media (e.g., press releases, short videos, print brochures, social media);
- Craft and coordinate weekly email that serves parent, staff, and partner community;
- Collaborate with internal staff to ensure staff implements DCB brand with fidelity; and
- Remain current on issues relevant to the school, and leverage trends and dynamics to shape strategy and positioning.
Fundraising and community partnership events
- Plan and oversee end-to-end funder and community partner events including donor and educational partner tours, and annual gala among others to increase school’s visibility and highlight accomplishments;
- Draft and deliver event collateral (e.g., visitor packets, invitations, web-based media, signage, programs);
- Manage event processes (vendor relationships and execution, event volunteers, invitation lists, and RSVPs);
- Work with Head of School, operations, and academic teams to coordinate scheduling and classroom visits as applicable.
Prospect identification and Funder engagement and stewardship
- Research prospective funders and potential alignment with organization priorities;
- Write persuasive content for funder communications, adapting messages to meet funder’ interests;
- Track funder relationship data in donor relationship management software (Little Green Light);
- Support preparation for priority funder meetings and interactions (e.g. draft materials and key messages for meetings including talking points and agendas; work with Head of School, operations, and academic teams to coordinate scheduling.
grant writing and management
- Maintain grants calendar based on dynamic application and reporting calendar;
- Draft input for grant applications, using knowledge of best practices for DC government, private foundation, and corporate grants;
- Support in the collection of performance and financial data for grant reporting and compliance;
- Coordinate grant writing and application process, including teaming with program and finance to align program elements and budgets with grant guidelines, and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-years job experience preferably in K-12 education or other youth-serving field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents, community members, and prospective and current funders.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment and under deadline.
- Knowledge of donor/client relationship management software a plus.
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish a plus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Employee must be able to work in work spaces that vary depending on availability. These spaces can include teachers lounge, shared office, and hallway work spaces among others.