Chief Development Officer (CDO)
EveryMind is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to lead and cultivate our fundraising, marketing, communications and earned income efforts. Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO, this CDO will be an integral part of the organization’s senior leadership team. Works closely with the CEO, Development Committee, and Program management staff to assess fundraising needs, as determined by the organization’s strategic plan goals, annual plan priorities and operating needs.
As in many mid-sized nonprofits, this position requires someone who will do both strategic thinking and planning for the department and the direct, hands on implementation of fund development and communications activities.
The individual selected should be entrepreneurial in nature, possess an exceptionally high level of personal responsibility and be equally comfortable creating and executing strategies. The CDO must be goal oriented, a strong project manager, detail oriented and should possess excellent relationship building skills and instincts. Responsible for supervising 2 staff members; preparing and managing departmental budget; and solicitation and management of all fundraising activities for a growing $6.8 million annual budget.
- In conjunction with CEO and Board members, develops and implements a strategic fundraising plan
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of all fundraising efforts including individual giving, foundation/corporate giving and government grants
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits donors and prospects; organization’s fundraising strategy is focused on increasing corporate and individual giving (including major gifts)
- Promotes and markets EveryMind’s growing earned income ventures
- Develops and manages donor recognition efforts
- Staffs a Board level Development committee
- Represents the organization in the community at various activities and events
- Responsible for overseeing the overall marketing and communication efforts including print, web, social media and media relations
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 10 years’ increasingly responsible experience in fundraising and marketing and communications, including 5 - 10 years in a supervisory role, or equivalent experience is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and astute listening skills including the ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, volunteers, other EveryMind staff, volunteers, media, and donors.
- A track record of raising funds for a multi-million dollar organization with significant experience in individual and corporate giving.
- Experience with media relations and social media
- Knowledge and/or understanding of fund development database systems
- Must be able to organize priorities according to changing circumstances in a positive focused and timely manner.
- A sincere interest and commitment to the importance of mental health and well-being.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Kelly Collins, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com