Flamboyan Foundation seeks an enthusiastic, strategic, detail-oriented, and results-focused Associate of Program Design for our Washington, D.C office. The person in this role will help manage and support teams who work with DC educators, school leaders, community-based and systems-level actors to effectively and equitably engage families in student success. The ideal candidate brings a passion for equity in education and experience in project management. .
Currently in our 8th year of operation in D.C., Flamboyan Foundation is partnering with over 50 local public and public charter schools, with DC Public Schools central office, and with several teacher and leader preparation programs to equip them with the confidence, knowledge, skills and resources to effectively partner with families for student success.
The Associate of Program Design position is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in a growing, entrepreneurial, and collaborative organization that is working to improve student learning by changing how D.C. families and educators partner to support success. The person in this role will help to design, refine and maintain systems and structures to support our school partnerships to meet the complex ongoing needs of students and families. This person will also work with the program design team to support building a cohesive strategy across all grade levels. This position reports to the Managing Director of Program Design and works closely with other internal teams engaged in Flamboyan’s effective family engagement work in Washington, D.C.
Support program management of school-wide partnerships
- Assist in the design and implementation management of systems and structures that support our 50+ school-wide partnerships including:
- Plan and facilitate regular program management meetings between designers and cross team specialists
- Create and curate internal program update communications between designers, specialists, and coaches
- Curate, edit, and manage logistics for external (mass) partner communication
- Support partner technical assistance and make recommendations to increase efficiency
- Identify recurring challenges to school-wide partnership management that require new or revised systems; work collaboratively with program designers to analyze the problem and design solutions
- Collaborate across three program designers to determine synergies and unique needs of elementary, middle and high school program supports
- Manage logistics and operations for school partnership convenings: calendaring, registration, communication to partners, catering and materials preparation
- Manage school-facing logistics for summer teacher trainings including: preparing systems for registration, developing attendance estimates, reporting and archiving attendance, regularly communicating with school leaders
- Manage partner and family satisfaction survey implementation including: project planning, partner communication, tracking completion and analyzing and reporting results
- Manage and implement school partnership recruitment, communications and tracking
- Help monitor team budget to actuals
Contribute to program design learning and development
- Support the analysis and help summarize quantitative and qualitative program implementation data for design and coach team to review in partnership with Evaluation and Learning team
- Support program designers on working groups, consultancies, and interviews to collect best practices from partners including creating learning agendas, drafting content, facilitating sessions, synthesizing learnings, and communicating logistics internally and externally
- As necessary, draft proposals for program innovations and facilitate cross-team collaborations
Support the synthesis and codification of program learnings
- Help to develop systems to support codification of learnings across elementary, middle, and high school partnerships to inform program redesign, learning priorities, pilot strategies, and cross-continuum program approach
- Organize historical data and electronic files for program design team to support team knowledge management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years professional experience with demonstrated responsibility planning and carrying out multi-faceted initiatives
- Passion for family engagement and equity work; experience working within the non-profit and/or education sectors preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Natural propensity to define and analyze problems, identify solutions or opportunities, and describe additional information needed, potential tradeoffs, and implications of potential solutions
- Creative problem solver, with an open mind and strong judgment in assessing options that weigh flexibility and consistency as opposing values
- Enthusiasm for working at both strategic and detailed execution levels and ability to independently plan and see a project through to completion
- Interest in engaging in ongoing self and organizational efforts to dismantle structural racism and institutionalize anti-racist practices
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence busy people to take actions that improve efficiency and/or impact
How we value you
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We also offer a flexible, family-friendly, beautiful work environment, centered on the philosophy that we value people.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in this role and in the work of Flamboyan Foundation, and a work sample that demonstrates your ability to project plan following the instructions outlined in the application below. The application below must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited at a later time. We recommend completing it in one sitting, or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application below when you are completed and ready to submit. Applications submitted by April 30, 2018, will receive best consideration.
Flamboyan Foundation values equity and is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity, with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.