Job Description: Administrative and Grants Management Assistant
Wallace Global Fund’s mission is to support people-powered movements to advance democracy and rights and to fight for a healthy planet. WGF supports non-profit organizations and social movements seeking systemic solutions in four program areas: democracy, environment, corporate accountability, and women’s rights. These programs are fundamentally aligned and interconnected.
The Fund seeks a Administrative and Grants Management Assistant to provide crucial support to the Administrative Director and Executive Director. While the position is administrative, the assistant will have the opportunity to learn about issues and challenges in progressive philanthropy and social change.
Established in 1995, WGF grew out of the philanthropic endowments of Henry A. Wallace, 33rd Vice President of the United States, co-architect of the New Deal, and former US Secretary of Agriculture under Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Wallace, a progressive committed to empowering people and making democracy work in service of the common good, believed it was critical to fight moneyed elites for control of government and in order to defend the planet’s precious resources. Today, as a direct result of that legacy, we work with partners and grantees to realize a healthy and sustainable environment, strengthen democracy and human rights, and fight the increasing power and concentration of corporate interests in an era of rising inequality.
To accomplish these goals, we support and partner with non-profit organizations and social movements seeking systemic solutions in four program areas: democracy, environment, corporate accountability, and women’s rights. Additionally, we advance priorities in three “global spotlight” areas: Southern Africa, Energy Access and Justice, and AgroEcology. To move these priorities forward, WGF uses all of our assets: grants, investments, networks, and our own advocacy voice. We have aligned our endowments to our program priorities and leverage our unique social capital to amplify the demands of movement partners.
In additional to our grant-making, WGF also has a long history of mission-related investing and has long supported and driven integration between program priorities and social impact investment strategies, including for gender, racial, economic, and climate justice. We also helped seed the work of the movement to divest from fossil fuels and invest in clean and renewable climate solutions.
WGF seeks an individual for a new position supporting the Administrative Director and Executive Director. They will report to the Administrative Director but will also provide significant scheduling and administrative support to the Executive Director and senior program staff. They will assist with the processing, tracking and administration of grants, and support program staff and grantees in navigating the Fluxx grants management system. Additionally they will assist the Administrative Director in meeting management, document preparation for board and investment committee meetings, and a myriad of additional tasks as needed.
Scheduling and meeting planning
- Attending to daily calendaring for Executive Director, including grantee meetings, staff meetings, and meeting request declinations.
- Assisting Administrative Director with foundation convening logistics and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Setting up physical meetings and Zoom calls, as needed.
- Assisting Administrative Director with docket preparation, such as inviting proposals and assisting grantees with submissions to grantmaking database.
- Assisting Administrative Director with post-board meeting tasks, such as sending grantee notifications of grant approvals.
- Generating regular monthly reports on late and received grant reports as well as occasional requested searches on the database.
Supporting Office Administration
- Assisting Administrative Director with human resources tasks including collecting and inputting staff monthly leave slips and preparing monthly expense reimbursements.
- Preparing high level minutes of meetings, including board, investment, staff, etc..
- Assisting with travel arrangements for Executive Director.
- Liaising with IT firm on one-off staff needs.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Assisting with staff registrations for conferences.
- Responding to various cold calls/emails to Executive Director or Administrative Director.
Supporting ED and Admin Director, as needed
WGF seeks an individual with a keen attention to detail and an ability to work in a multi-issue, fast-paced office setting; flexibility while maintaining work flow is critical. The candidate will have strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively and collegially with grantees, partners, and co-workers. We are looking for someone with good humor and excellent interpersonal skills that allow for effective relationships in a diverse environment. An interest in, and enthusiasm for, WGF’s values and program priorities is required.
Wallace Global Fund values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, both internally and in our work externally with our grantees and partners. We actively welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.
We seek to have someone in place by mid July 2022. This will be a full-time position.
This position offers a competitive salary range of $50,000- $62,000, commensurate with skills and experience, and excellent benefits.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and any relevant experience, and a resume to WallaceGlobalFundjobs@gmail.com. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, with a deadline of June 30, 2022.