Join us to explore how we can build more strategic partnerships that create meaningful change:
- What are the best practices for bringing in the “right” partners?
- How can we ensure the people we hope to help will have a genuine voice in the development of the partnership and co-ownership of its goals?
- Beyond funding, what role can government, business, and private philanthropy play to foster innovation and make sure collaborations create a deeper impact than any single partner could achieve alone?
We will start with a case study of the GM Strong collaboration, a holistic school-wide initiative designed to strengthen connectedness and resiliency among all students. We’ll hear from the Gaithersburg Middle School principal, nonprofit partners, and student leaders about how this collaboration transformed the school into a more supportive community focused on helping every child thrive.
To kick-off our open discussion, we’ll call on Dr. Maria Navarro (Chief Academic Officer, MCPS) to share insights and lessons learned from other successful partnerships.
- Ann Dolan, Principal of Gaithersburg Middle School
- Stephanie Rosen, Executive Director of National Alliance on Mental Illness - Montgomery County
- Dr. Maria Navarro, Chief Academic Officer of Montgomery County Public Schools
About the Funders' Roundtable of Montgomery County
These quarterly free lunch events provide representatives of local companies and foundations with an opportunity to get acquainted, learn more about Montgomery County funding priorities, and share best practices. The events are open to grantmakers only, and each time we have anywhere from 15 to 30 attendees. There is a different topic for each luncheon – education, health care, etc. - selected in advance by the group.
Lunch is provided courtesy of our 2017 sponsors: The Community Foundation, Chevy Chase Trust, Jim and Carol Trawick Foundation, and the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers.
If your fund, foundation or company makes grants in Montgomery County, you’ll want to join our informal lunch group!