WRAG Members: Contact Katy Moore, moore(at)washingtongrantmakers.org, for a special discount code before registering for this program.
We all want to feel confident that our foundation is operating within its legal bounds. Join Exponent Philanthropy for a full day of interactive and engaging learning geared to those who are new to the legal requirements of private foundation giving, or in need of a refresher. This seminar will cover the essentials of board responsibilities, managing liability, the private foundation rules, staying legal in grantmaking, and more.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Recognize potential legal risks and know when to contact an attorney.
- Be confident in making grants with proper documentation.
- Describe the scope and details of state fiduciary duties and the federal “private foundation rules,” including self-dealing.
- Gain clarity on the advocacy that a foundation can engage in.
- Jim Joseph, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Andras Kosaras, Counsel, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Bridget Weiss, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP