Eligible to attend: WRAG’s corporate members & invited guests.
Cost: $0 members (register online), $45 non-members (email Katy Moore, moore(at)washingtongrantmakers.org, to register)
CSR creates substantial business value worthy of competition – brand recognition, reputation, customers, talent, etc. At the same time, however, many of the social challenges at the heart of CSR objectives are part of “mega-problems” like poverty, human rights, or population health that no single company has the resources, knowledge, or scale to effectively tackle. Join your corporate colleagues for lunch as we explore how some companies are partnering on community solutions to achieve greater impact.
- Sally Scott Marietta, IBM
- Maritha Gay, Kaiser Permanente
- Amy Nakamoto, Discovery Education
- Laura Hayman, Booz Allen Hamilton
Thanks to our generous host:
About the group:
WRAG's Corporate Philanthropy Affinity Group is the central resource for corporate community investing in the Greater Washington Region. Comprised of the leaders of nearly 30 of the region’s largest and most respected corporate foundations and giving programs, this group helps the business community make the most of every charitable investment by providing:
- purposeful networking
- information on community needs and facilitated discussions with community leaders
- professional development, best practice sharing, and sample resources
- a collective voice for corporate philanthropy in the DC Region