Wealth provides options and opportunities for economic mobility. Black and Brown communities have historically been denied access to capital and networks that support entrepreneurship and business ownership. The pandemic has demonstrated how the lack of wealth has contributed to unequal outcomes for Black communities.
In this panel, we’ll discuss a range of options for wealth building and closing the racial wealth gap. Grantmakers have a unique opportunity to disrupt the systems that perpetuate the racial wealth gap by cultivating trust-based relationships with the Black investment and entrepreneurial community to create family and community wealth.
- MODERATOR | Danny Wright, 1863 Ventures
- PANELIST | Talisha Bekavac, US Black Chambers
- PANELIST | Ellis Carr, Capital Impact
- PANELIST | Gloria Nauden, City First Broadway
- PANELIST | Harold Pettigrew, Washington Area Community Investment Fund