A full day professional development workshop for Maryland's grantmakers taught by our region's experienced practitioners! Presented by ABAG every other year.
- Your grantmaking within the local and national philanthropic landscape
- Developing grant guidelines and communicating with the public
- Reviewing proposals and conducting due diligence
- Legal and ethical guidelines for grantmaking excellence
- Maximizing grant impact
- Strategies for continued learning
Who Should Attend:
- Trustees, staff, and executive directors of foundations, giving circles and corporate giving programs who want to expand their grantmaking skills, deepen their understanding of philanthropy and learn from their colleagues
- Individuals who are exploring how to organize significant charitable giving
- Beginning grantmakers will appreciate the workshop's efficient over-view of all aspects of grantmaking
- Intermediate grantmakers will appreciate the time to reflect on and refine their grantmaking fundamentals
Registration Information: Click here to register
Fees: $100 for WRAG members; early bird $85 before May 7. Email Rebekah Seder, seder(at)washingtongrantmakers.org for the discount code!
Total attendance will be limited to 20 registrants; ABAG reserves the right to cancel the event if fewer than four grantmakers register (fees would be reimbursed)
This workshop is adopted from Essential Skills and Strategies for New Grantmakers, co-developed by the Council on Foundations and the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers. All participants will receive a binder packed with helpful reference materials. The workshop will be customized to registrants and follow the agenda below. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Elisabeth Hyleck at ehyleck(at)abagrantmakers.org or 410-727-1205.